Please note ! WORD SURFING VOCABULARY FILES AND TESTS ARE FREELY AVAILABLE FOR TEACHERS AND STUDENTS IN THE FILES SECTION.
The percentage of language students who have a long-term strategy for vocabulary development seems to be very low. Why?
* are long-term vocabulary development strategies ineffective?
* or...are students simply unaware of suitable opportunities to independently improve in this vital area?
Word Surfing is a strategy that aims to help students of all languages to create a wide-ranging, individual and well-organized vocabulary notebook. The resource can be used to store, prioritise, investigate, use and check their new words - in a way that positively complements all other learning opportunities and moves students away from reliance on translations as soon as possible.
The group is available for anyone to openly
* discuss the extent to which vocabulary notebooks can contribute to overall language learning enjoyment and efficiency.
* comment on WS Books and Tests.
* recommend any other vocabulary learning strategies.
* debate topics such as motivation, independent learning, the role of direct grammar instruction and fossilization.
* suggest useful articles or links to the WS website.
Any other positive suggestions to help language learners with their vocabulary development are, of course, most welcome.
Related Link: http://www.wordsurfing.co.uk Post message:
email@example.com List owner: