Totally off Topic

  • frank_metcalf
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2003
      Hi,

      There was a discussion at my model railway club last night about
      signals and how to reproduce the 'bounce'. Co-incidentally in the
      current issue of MRJ there is a letter on this topic from Allan
      Sibley.

      Question:- Is there a simple way in which I can extract all the
      messages on this topic from the group and produce a document for my
      club.

      The only way I can think of at the moment is to download each message
      and then do a cut and paste. I am looking for a quicker method.

      Best wishes

      Frank Metcalf
    • Bill Bedford
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 1, 2003
        On Sat, 01 Nov 2003 08:00:48 -0000, frank_metcalf wrote:

        > Question:- Is there a simple way in which I can extract all the
        > messages on this topic from the group and produce a document for my
        > club.
        >
        > The only way I can think of at the moment is to download each message
        > and then do a cut and paste. I am looking for a quicker method.

        Do you know perl? or python?

        Bill Bedford

        "Nothing is as important as model railways and even that isn't very
        important"

        -some wiseguy somewhere
      • Frank Metcalf
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 1, 2003
          >Bill Bedford asked :-
          > Do you know perl? or python?
          >

          > Bill Bedford

          Unfortunately I don't know either of these.

          Frank Metcalf
        • Bill Bedford
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 1, 2003
            On Sat, 1 Nov 2003 13:02:02 -0000, Frank Metcalf wrote:
            >> Bill Bedford asked :-
            >> Do you know perl? or python?

            They would make your task a lot easier