4910offensive fire question

  • ssjumna32
    21 Sep

      Probably best if I frame this query as an example;

      Moving side moves into range of a defending unit (to simplify things let's say they are both Smoothbore armed infantry). The defending unit fires in the defensive fire phase and gets a 'halt' result and pushes the moving unit back to 3" away from it. The question is does the moving unit then get offensive fire?

      Up until now we have been playing it that it has effectively been pushed to just out of range so doesn't. This also has the bonus of speeding up the game as it removes more calculation of return fire for what is likely to be ineffective fire anyway given that the halted united will at the least be disrupted. Is this correct?

      Thanks

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic