4928Re:: offensive fire question

  • vtsaogames
    26 Sep
      That's right - if the attackers are outranged, the defenders can pin them down where they can't effectively
      > reply. You see this a lot in the Franco-Prussian War where the Prussian needleguns really need to close with
      > the French chassepots.

      I did this a lot during our Franco-Prussian War campaign. Stopped the sausage-eaters just outside their 3" close range but well within French 6" close range. They got the odd disruption result against us while we usually knocked out stands. Worked a charm until the Krupp guns worked us over.
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic