- A friend and I, on a lark, decided to try out the Shiloh ACW scenario today. What a knife fight!! ACW seem to work just fine for BBB. The Union managed to eek out a victory but that was mostly because I rolled hot on the first turn and was able to undisorder and full move most of my divisions right off the bat and Gordon was having trouble getting his reserves and his best veteran unit to move at all. Even with that the Union had a division destroyed and both sides where pretty well shot up and spent at the end of the day. The confederate player didn't think he could take on Buell's fresh Army of the Ohio the next day so he slipped off in the night. We will be playing Alma again next Sunday (the 22nd). Our club is still going to play the Shiloh scenario again in two weeks and I have been working on terrain for the game.Dave
- Nah, but I will take lots and do a more in-depth AAR when we play in two weeks as well as take lots of pictures of our Alma game next Sunday.On Monday, February 16, 2015 8:29 PM, "vtsaogames@... [BBB_wargames]" <BBB_wargames@...> wrote:
Did you take any photos?
- Hmmm somebody did take a picture of our game setup. They just sent it to me:If they table looks large its because we doubled the table size and doubled the movement rates to compensate. I don't think it had a significant impact on the game but I think when we play it again for our club it will be normal size because we don't want to confuse new players with non-standard game mechanics.DaveOn Monday, February 16, 2015 8:42 PM, "Dave Bennett bennettdk@... [BBB_wargames]" <BBB_wargames@...> wrote:
Nah, but I will take lots and do a more in-depth AAR when we play in two weeks as well as take lots of pictures of our Alma game next Sunday.On Monday, February 16, 2015 8:29 PM, "vtsaogames@... [BBB_wargames]" <BBB_wargames@...> wrote:
Did you take any photos?
- Looking at that photo makes me realise I could try out that scenario with my 15mm ACW figures while I prepare the terrain for 6mm Spicheren. Get the Bavarians and Wurttemburgers done and then I can get on with Froeschwiller.
- Fantastic! Just got BBB myself and am planning on using it for ACW, RJW and many other periods. What base size do you use, 25mm? They look slightly bigger.CheersRichard P
From: "matthew_bradley@... [BBB_wargames]" <BBB_wargames@...>
Sent: Monday, 11 September 2017, 9:13
Subject: [BBB_wargames] Shiloh
- Thanksthe bases are 1"x3/4" as I originally based for Fire and Fury and couldn't be bothered to rebase, seems to work ok, the only difference I can see is march columns are shorter but I can live with that.
- On 11/09/2017 10:13, matthew_bradley@... [BBB_wargames] wrote:
> We had a go at Shiloh yesterdayGreat !
And lovely steamboats !
( I'm thinking about ACW a BBB for some days .... )
- Thanks for noticing the steam boats! They were a quite a bit of work considering they didn't fire a shot, but at least they gave much needed protection to the Union flank :)
- Great to see Shiloh again. I shall be giving it another go in 3mm in a few weeks time. There I use 30mm x 20mm bases (plus some 60mm x20mm to cut down on the number of bases to move). I play FPW and associated wars in 6mm on 30x30 bases and RJW in 10mm on 25x25 bases. All seem to give equally good games.