BBB Goes to Historicon 2017

  • msj_9woodford
    Message 1 of 19 , 7 Mar
      Just a heads up for any players who will be at Historicon in July 2017 I have just posted a session to be run on Thursday 10am for the Spotsylvania ACW game.

      The game will be run a painted battlemat and 6mm figures.

      Would be great to see you play.

    • bbbchrisp
      Message 2 of 19 , 8 Mar
        Guys, do sign up for this if you get the chance. It's a fun game, and Mark has done a beautiful layout for it.

        Chris
      • david blanchard
        Message 3 of 19 , 8 Mar
          BBB games have been run at Hot Lead in Ontario Canada for the past couple of conventions. This year the game is Noiseville - Breakout from Metz - 31 August. in 6mm. Unfortunately, I am helping run a another game at the time, so won't be able to play.

          Message 4 of 19 , 8 Mar
            Thanks, David. Yes, I've been happy to see reports of your BBB games at Hot Lead. Good to hear there will be another one this year. Have your guys playtested Noisseville? If it's my draft scenario from the group files, I think it needs some significant tweaking. I'll be very interested to hear how it goes.

            Chris
          • bbbchrisp
            Message 5 of 19 , 28 Mar
              I see some nice photos of the Noisseville game at HotLead have been posted on Facebook. Anybody know how the game went?

              Chris
            • Scott Hansen
              Message 6 of 19 , 28 Mar
                I went to Hot Lead and played the scenario in the afternoon session.  I commanded the Prussian 2nd flank/2nd division.  The Prussians were very aggressive in the center and attacked the French eventually cutting them off.  After 8 turns, the game master Brian Hall declared a Prussian Victory.  It was a fun game.  I'm glad I was able to sign up for it!

                On Tue, Mar 28, 2017 at 4:44 PM, bbbchrisp@... [BBB_wargames] <BBB_wargames@...> wrote:

                I see some nice photos of the Noisseville game at HotLead have been posted on Facebook. Anybody know how the game went?

                Chris

              • Andrew
                Message 7 of 19 , 28 Mar

                  Hi Chris, can you please post a link to the FB page/group? Ta

                  Regards
                  Andrew HOLMES

                  ---- bbbchrisp@... [BBB_wargames] wrote ----

                  Message 8 of 19 , 28 Mar
                    It was on Konstantinos's 19th Century Warfare and Wargaming page:

                  • Andrew

                      Message 10 of 19 , 29 Mar
                        Thanks, Scott. Great to hear that it was such a fun game. (And I'm pleased it was a Prussian win - I was concerned the scenario might be too skewed towards the French.) Congratulations on your victory!

                        Chris
                      • Scott Hansen
                        Message 11 of 19 , 29 Mar
                          Thank you Chris.

                          I'm currently working on a Plevna game using 10mm Pendraken figures.  I completed constructing a terrain board out of insulation foam and am painting trench works and buildings.

                          Scott

                          Message 12 of 19 , 30 Mar
                            Plevna? Exciting! I look forward to photos!

                            Chris
                          • Lawrence Coxon
                            Message 13 of 19 , 30 Mar
                              Speaking of Plevna,

                              Hi, new to the game.

                              I'm putting together the Turks in 10mm for Plevna, and I cannot work out the 0.5 MG and BLA in the Third Plevna force list. How do they work in the rules? I assume that they are a full base, do the units start Reduced or is there something else that I am missing.

                              Lawrence
                            • bbbchrisp
                              Message 14 of 19 , 30 Mar
                                Hi Lawrence,

                                You've got it exactly: "0.5 MG" or "0.5 BLA" etc means you use a normal single base, but the unit starts Reduced. (This was explained somewhere in an earlier draft of the rulebook but got lost at some point in the editing process, sorry!)

                                Enjoy your Turkish army. They have lots of opportunities for action, as our Istanbul contingent's wonderful "Last Century of the Ottomans" campaign has proved.

                                Chris
                              • vtsaogames
                                Message 15 of 19 , 30 Mar
                                  In the Lisaine scenario (Franco-Prussian War) a Prussian artillery battalion starts split into two half-strength units, a mile or so apart. Note that such units do not recover during any night interval, unlike full-strength artillery that takes a hit.
                                • Lawrence Coxon
                                  Message 16 of 19 , 30 Mar
                                    Thanks Chris.

                                    Once the Turks are finished it is on to the Russians.

                                    I always make sure I have both sides, seen too many armies abandoned as opponents get bored with rules/period or move away.

                                    Lawrence
                                  • Alan Millicheap
                                    Message 17 of 19 , 30 Mar
                                      I should know this but does 0.5 also mean 0.5 of standard fire points as well

                                      I've just got my Nanshan map courtesy of Toxicpixie and it has

                                      3 BLA split into fractions of at least 0.25

                                      Where's my slide rule :-)

                                      Message 18 of 19 , 30 Mar
                                        does 0.5 also mean 0.5 of standard fire points as well

                                        Yes, just like artillery that has taken a hit.
                                      • ktravlos
                                        Message 19 of 19 , 31 Mar
                                          My understanding is that the Reduced in this case only refers to how many hits the unit takes, but the fraction is applied to firepower. Not both.

                                          Thus a 0.5 unit will have its firepower multiplied by 0.5, but not halved then again due to reduced.

                                          A 0.25 unit will have its firepower multiplied by 0.25, but not halved then again due to reduced.

                                          The moved penalty still applies.

                                          I do believe that this is scattered in the rules, but that is how we have played it here in Istanbul and in Athens.