Mars-La-Tour in 28 mm

  • davidraybin
    Message 1 of 8 , 7 Jun 13:03

      Here is a link to the Wargame site  which has a  lot of photos from Nashcon. The Link in the posting will take you to all the photos. Near the bottom of the external Linked site you will find a dozen or so photos of the game. It was just a blast.. 10 players on an 18 X 6 foot table. ( Prussians win)

      http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=455702

    • bbbchrisp
      Message 2 of 8 , 7 Jun 14:17
        Magnificent millinery! And fine photos, thanks, David. So your players enjoyed themselves, then?

        Chris
      • davidraybin
        Message 3 of 8 , 8 Jun 07:11
          There were 10 players and they had a great time. The only issue was that there was a lot of fighting at  the Mars-La Tour side of the board and took time to help resolve all the combats. The folks at the other end had to wait and were a bit miffed that they couldn't just press on and come to grips. That didn't last all that long and they were soon trading shots. Recall this is over an 18 foot board with 16 inch infantry moves so folks were flying around - made for a lot of excitement. The rules system worked very well.  My only changes were to allow all players a few  units on the board at first so they  could get the hang of it AND I increased the die  roll to  2 when resolving combat. Made for more  decisive results  faster. The French cursed their passive status  but it was absolutely necessary. The uncontrolled aggression was left at 12 -- the Prussians were aggressive as it was. Great rules. Lots of fun.
        • davidraybin
          Message 4 of 8 , 9 Jun 18:54
            here is my first attempt at a  short video of the actual game.

          • MH
            Message 5 of 8 , 9 Jun 19:36
              Thanks for the videos!

              Message 6 of 8 , 10 Jun 00:39
                That's very cool - proper sand table for playing on?!

                Nice looking figures too - played well in 28mm with the measurement changes then?

                Nathan

                Sent from my iPhone
              • ktravlos
                Message 7 of 8 , 10 Jun 02:34
                  Indeed very cool. Thanks for the videos!
                • davidraybin
                  Message 8 of 8 , 10 Jun 19:26
                    Question :  " played well in 28mm with the measurement changes then?"
                    Sure did.. needed the  1.5 measurement multiplier since  a  stand is 4 square inches  of space. Needed  a  huge table but the conversion worked perfectly. i have a  lot of 28mm figures and terrain and it was  easier to get a larger board than more figures///