Magersfontein 1899 - Second Boer War
- Anton has followed up his fine Colenso and Spion Kop scenarios with one for Magersfontein. He and I playtested it on Sunday. I just posted his AAR in the group files.
Anton doesn't write many scenarios but each one has been almost perfect, and this was again a great game that needs minimal tweaking. Once it's been tweaked and polished I'll add the scenario to the files.
The Boer War never used to excite me as far as its potential for wargaming was concerned. However, having fought these three battles so far, I can now see that the contrast between the two hugely different armies, plus the terrain and weaponry being so different from most other C19 conflicts, makes for really interesting games.
I'm happy to report that Anton is already working on Ladysmith, so we can expect another Boer War scenario soon, and hopefully others to follow not far behind now that the muse has inspired him!
- Magersfontein scenario is now finished, polished, and in the group files ready to play.
I did a post about it on my BBBBlog:
Anton has already sent me a draft for his next Boer War scenario: Modder Spruit (Ladysmith). So get your Boers and Brits painted up!
- Great to have the files back. I made sure I immediately downloaded Magersfontein just in case. I have backed up all my downloads in Dropbox.
- On 11/07/2017 04:47, bbbchrisp@... [BBB_wargames] wrote:
> I did a post about it on my BBBBlog:Very interesting !
( And I have the same thoughts about this war... Time to change my mind
! ;) )
- Great stuff: keep them coming.I have to get round to ordering up some figures from Pendraken.I am toying with the idea of bases with a 1.5" frontage to allow a bit more space between the 10mm figures.Alan
- Good to see Boer War scenarios but has anyone noticed that the FPW files shows only the maps? All of the forces and scenario information that used to be included has disappeared.
- Did it? I thought all the information was in the rulebook, but then Chris supplemented this with coloured maps in the files. Similarly the Bloody Big European Battles scenario book.
- At least some (Spicheren, Lisaine, perhaps some others) aren't in the books. Those have only maps. I know I've seen the full scenarios in the past. Missing now.
I have a pdf of Spicheren at 500kb, downloaded in May 2015. It's the standard 3-page format.
---- Charles Eckart ceckart@... [BBB_wargames] wrote ----
At least some (Spicheren, Lisaine, perhaps some others) aren't in the books. Those have only maps. I know I've seen the full scenarios in the past. Missing now.
- False alarm. All the extra FPW scenarios beyond those in the rulebook are in a discreet subfolder of the 1870 folder marked "Free scenarios". They are all there and intact.
- Thought that myself about a year ago, but at the moment rebasing 10mm FPW to 1" squares for flexibility, whilst rebasing my 28mm Italian Wars to TtS format.
- Thanks. Knew I'd seen these somewhere. Many of these scenarios have simple terrain, easy to reproduce on table.On Tuesday, 11 July 2017, 20:41, "bbbchrisp@... [BBB_wargames]" <BBB_wargames@...> wrote:False alarm. All the extra FPW scenarios beyond those in the rulebook are in a discreet subfolder of the 1870 folder marked "Free scenarios". They are all there and intact.