Komarom I (1849) scenario

  • bbbchrisp
    Message 1 of 10 , 18 Aug

      I've added another scenario to the Hungarian War of Independence collection: the first battle of Komarom. This was challenging to research but the result was worth it. Not playtested yet, but it should be a classic BBB game. Easy terrain to set up, lots of space to maneuver, and both sides only partly deployed so have to march on and form up for battle. Looking forward to playing this one. (And to visiting the battlefield next month, I hope.)

      Chris

    • steven johnson
      Message 2 of 10 , 19 Aug
        Look forward to giving this a go and hopefully, if you get to visit the battlefield, some nice pics and feedback.

      • kingscarbine
        Message 3 of 10 , 19 Aug
          Thumbs up! I really enjoy those Hungarian Revolution scenarios.

        • MH
          Message 4 of 10 , 19 Aug
            I think I will give that one a try with a buddy of mine this week!  I already have the two sides in 15mm. It really is a fascinating war.

            On Saturday, August 19, 2017, 5:46:18 AM CDT, kingscarbine@... [BBB_wargames] <BBB_wargames@...> wrote:

            Thumbs up! I really enjoy those Hungarian Revolution scenarios.

          • vtsaogames
            Message 5 of 10 , 19 Aug
              I already have the two sides in 15mm.

              Pictures? What manufacturer?
            • bbbchrisp
              Message 6 of 10 , 19 Aug
                Cool - then you will probably be the first ever to play it! Let us know how it goes!

                Chris
              • MH
                Message 7 of 10 , 19 Aug
                  I did post a link some months ago to one of my Hungarian Revolution games. Here it is again:

                  Unfortunately UltraIMG insists on displaying them in order of last to first so to get the battle tale in proper order start at the end. It is also not Chris's Issaszeg scenario but William Haggerty's from an old MWAN. The two are somewhat different in parts as is Bill's troop assessments, his Hungarian army is better than the Austrians (which from my readings of sources like Tabor, I agree with). But we did use BBB because I love the rules set!

                  Now as for figs they are 18mm Blue Moon from OG USA - I use a mix of ACW and Napoleonic figs painted in correct uniforms. My scale is one stand is a battalion of foot or regiment of horse.

                    Message 9 of 10 , 19 Aug
                      By the way, since Kurudere has been bubbling in the group recently too, an interesting footnote: the same Richard Guyon who gets castigated by Gorgey for being tardy in executing his night crossing of the Danube in boats to get into the Austrian rear at Komarom turns up at Kurudere as the Turkish chief of staff, trying to implement an audacious plan which the Hungarian army of 1849 would probably have carried out thoroughly competently but which a Turkish one had no hope with ...

                      Chris
                    • ktravlos
                      Message 10 of 10 , 21 Aug
                        good show. Yes lots of Polish and Hungarian emigres in Ottoman Service after the 1850s and 1860s.