BBB in 6mm/10mm

  • bty53157668
    Message 1 of 13 , 8 Sep 04:09

      Hi All,

      Just got a set of the rules and really enjoying reading through them. For 6mm/10mm games I am basing on 25mm Square bases and will be playing using a 6' x 4' table. Do players keep the movement distances the same i.e 12" for Infantry or do you reduce them?

      Cheers

      Richard P

    • bty53157668
      Message 2 of 13 , 8 Sep 04:11
        Just read Alan M's Two Marshalls blog and I think that has answered my question.

        Cheers

        Richard P
      • Alan Millicheap
        Message 3 of 13 , 8 Sep 04:19
          Hi Richard

          Good choice going for these rules - they are almost perfect :)

          Yes I base (and have rebased) all my figures to 1" or 25mm square bases

          There is no need to change movement / firing distances

          See you in a couple of weeks

          Alan

          On 8 September 2017 at 12:11, kaygillick@... [BBB_wargames] <BBB_wargames@...> wrote:

          Just read Alan M's Two Marshalls blog and I think that has answered my question.

          Cheers

          Richard P

        • vtsaogames
          Message 4 of 13 , 8 Sep 04:55
            25mm = 1 inch, so nothing has to change. 6 x 4 is the size used in most scenarios, some are smaller and a few are larger.
          • R PHILLIPS
            Message 5 of 13 , 8 Sep 05:28
              Great thanks, realised after reading the rules again and looking at the Two Marshalls blog where I think Alan had a similar query relating to movement and weapon ranges.

              Cheers

              Richard P

              Message 6 of 13 , 8 Sep 11:20
                Hi Alan,

                Thanks mate I read your blog about movement distance and ranges and that cleared up any queries. Looking forward to seeing you in Grimsby.

                Cheers

                Richard P

                Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

                Message 7 of 13 , 9 Sep 00:12
                  Hi Alan,

                  I take it you rebased your 40mm x 30mm bases as I seem to remember a comment on one of your posts that suggested you were going to leave them.

                  Cheers

                  Richard P

                  Message 8 of 13 , 9 Sep 00:21
                    Yes I did rebase them after we played the French/Austrian bit of Solferino

                    The 40mm wide bases meant that the Austrians could essentially form a solid firing line across the length of the table

                    Rebasing them also meant that I didn't have to paint any more Austrians :)

                    You can play with wider bases
                    - either increase the size of the table
                    - or count each wide base as 2 normal bases and use a casualty marker when a base is lost

                    Alan

                    Message 9 of 13 , 9 Sep 00:28
                      Brilliant thanks Alan, really looking forward to get into RJW games after Grimsby. Also planning some Fictional games set in our Black Sea country of Andreivia

                      Cheers

                      Richard P

                      Message 10 of 13 , 9 Sep 04:34
                        The only exception to my 1" / 25mm basing is for my rjw forces  - these are all on 30mm bases.  But that width works fine without any adjustment

                        Message 11 of 13 , 10 Sep 00:40
                          And my RJW are going on 1" squares because that is fast becoming my standard for 10mm. WWI however are on 30mm x 20mm as this seems to give the right look for the period.
                        • R PHILLIPS
                          Message 12 of 13 , 10 Sep 00:51
                            Thanks Andrew, I'm doing WW1 in 6mm so I think I will stick to the 25mm square bases

                            Message 13 of 13 , 10 Sep 06:34
                              I was talking about 10mm,but think I'll put the 6mm on 1" squares as the 30mm squares seem too big to me.