Balkan Wars news

  • ktravlos
    Message 1 of 8 , 14 Sep

      I taught BBB to a new player using my Prilep scenario. He got the gist of it and seemed to like it. I did make sure to explain and stress the level of abstraction inherent in BBB. Unfortunately we did not have enough time to play more than 5 turns and 1 NI. So he got the full rules but I did not get my 2nd playstest for Prilep :(. I still think the end result would be a Serbian draw or defeat. But it should be done again. Unfortunately, absent help from other playstesting groups (beyond the ever helpful Chris) I just do not think I will be able to complete the play-tests in 2017. Thus a potential publication is moving to 2019. I apologize to everybody.

      Play-testing at this point

      Sarantaporo: 2 Playtests (Chris Pringle)

      Dioran: 3 Playtests (Me)

      Kilkis-Lahana: 2 Playtests (Me)

      Lule-Burgs: 2 Playtests (Me)-> needs a 3rd

      Kirkkilise: 2 Playtests (Chris Pringle)

      Yiannitsa: 2 (Chris Pringle)

      Chataldja: 1 Playtest (Me)

      Prilep: 1.5 Playtest (Me)

      Kumanovo: 1 (Me )

      Monastir: 1 (Me and Morten)

      Bizani: 0

      Breglanitza: 0

      Kalimanchi: 0

      Kresna Gorge :0

      Secret non-Scenario Project: 0

      6 of 14 scenarios play-tested twice

      10 of 14 play-tested once.

      12 more plays-tests needed.

    • ktravlos
      Message 2 of 8 , 14 Sep
        If you are looking for introductory scenarios, Prilep and Dioran are the two best ones.
      • bbbchrisp
        Message 3 of 8 , 15 Sep
          My custom-painted Serbian army for the Balkan Wars has arrived.  :-)

          But because of travels and other commitments I don't think I will get another Balkan Wars game in until November.  :-(

          But when I do I know it will be good!  :-)

          Chris
        • ktravlos
          Message 4 of 8 , 15 Sep
            A new army is always great!

            Konstantinos
          • ktravlos
            Message 5 of 8 , 21 Sep
              New Update from the staff exercises

              The play-testing continues. Here is the current tally. Scenarios with the CLOSED label are not play tested enough for final modifications.

              Sarantaporo: 2 Playtests (Chris Pringle)-CLOSED
              Dioran: 3 Playtests (Me)-CLOSED
              Kilkis-Lahana: 2 Playtests (Me)-CLOSED
              Lule-Burgs: 3 Playtests (2 Me, 1 Morten Kristien Andersen)-CLOSED
              Kirkkilise: 2 Playtests (Chris Pringle)-CLOSED
              Yiannitsa: 2 (Chris Pringle)-CLOSED
              Chataldja: 1 Playtest (Me)
              Prilep: 1 Playtest (Me)
              Kumanovo: 1 (Me )
              Monastir: 1 (Me and Morten)
              Bizani: 0
              Breglanitza: 0
              Kalimanchi: 0
              Kresna Gorge :0
              Secret non-Scenario Project: 0

              This leaves 4 more scenarios that need an extra playtest, and 4 more that need 2 play-tests. As well s teh secret non-scenario project
            • ktravlos
              Message 6 of 8 , 21 Sep
                Closed= Playtested enough to do final changes
              • bbbchrisp
                Message 7 of 8 , 22 Sep
                  Good man! I will try to fill in some of the remaining gaps in Nov/Dec.

                  Chris (just back from Vietnam ... thinking of scenarios for the conquest of Cochin China ...)
                • Ronan R
                  Message 8 of 8 , 22 Sep
                    On 22/09/2017 09:22, bbbchrisp@... [BBB_wargames] wrote:
                    > Good man! I will try to fill in some of the remaining gaps in Nov/Dec.

                    If I can find some time to play, I may convince my friends to use one of
                    your scenarios.. ( using FPW minis as proxies )
                    But I'm not really sure we will have some spare time...

                    > Chris (just back from Vietnam ... thinking of scenarios for the conquest
                    > of Cochin China ...)

                    Happy man !
                    ;)

                    --