Questions on changing a scenario

  • lascaris
    Message 1 of 6 , 16 Sep

      Most of the scenarios are written for a 4x6 table. I game on a 6x9 table. I'm thinking I can multiply all the figure counts by 1.5, splitting resultant units that are too large into two halves. For the duration of the scenario I would think I would need to increase the number of turns by 50% also while keeping movement and firing distances untouched.

      Does that make sense?

    • Alan Millicheap
      Message 2 of 6 , 16 Sep
        The increase in base numbers and duration will skew some of the scenarios

        I think you would be better off increasing the base width, movement and ranges by 1.5

        What scenarios are you thinking of doing

        Alan
      • bbbchrisp
        Message 3 of 6 , 16 Sep
          Another consideration is that if you increase the number of units and troops by 50%, and the number of turns by 50%, then you will increase the length it takes to play by 125% and you are looking at maybe an 8-hour game.

          Why not just play on 4'x6' as designed, and have a foot of space around the edge for all the reinforcements, scenario info, QR sheets and all the other table clutter?

          Chris
        • lascaris
          Message 4 of 6 , 16 Sep
            Oh I could play on the 4x6 but a) I like the look of the bigger battle, b) it gives me an excuse to paint more British figures for the Crimean War scenarios, and c) I don't mind the longer time frame. Having said all that it's certainly easier to stick with 4x6 so I'll think about it some more.
          • Doug Melville
            Message 5 of 6 , 16 Sep

              You will find the troop density quite significantly changed as you are going from 24 sq ft to 54…   so you could double the number of troops and still have less troop density.

              Doug

              Message 6 of 6 , 19 Sep
                if you want a  larger table, and to paint more  Crimean war figures ( and good for you
                 )  and assuming you are using 6 mm or  15 mm figures,  paint more figure BUT use a larger stand. Say 2X2 inch.  This way your unit  density is per the scenerio and all can be played in normal fashion BUT use a  roughly 1.5   multiplier on ranges and distances to account for the larger table.  6 inches becomes 9 inches . works like a  charm.. i have done this because I have 28mm troops and a larger table. AND with more toy soldiers  per  stand they will look glorious !!!!!!!!!!!.