Warfare 2017, Reading UK, 18-19 November

  • bbbchrisp
    Message 1 of 11 , 6 Oct 08:04
      We will be running BBB games at the Warfare show next month:
      http://www.wargamesassociationreading.co.uk/warfare-55.html

      Saturday will be two small games:
      Nagy-Sallo (1849), Hungarian War of Independence
      Dave Whaley will run this ding-dong little scrap using his 10mm Pendraken armies. As featured in Wargames Illustrated.

      Montebello (1859), Second Italian War
      I will run this perennially popular introductory scenario with 6mm Baccus figures.

      Sunday one big game:
      Mars-La-Tour (1870), Franco-Prussian War
      Crispin Matson sets out his custom terrain for this FPW classic.

      If you'd like to join in any of these games, let us know when you'll be around and we''ll do our best to accommodate you.

      If Mars-la-Tour appeals, Crispin is likely to be short-handed (it looks as though most members of the Oxford team can only make it on Saturday, myself included). If any loyal members of this Yahoo group want to sign up to play and also to help out, we might be able to put you on the team sheet and give you one of our free passes.

      Even if you don't have time to push troops and roll dice with us, if you'll be in Reading please do stop by and say hello - it's always good to meet folks in person.

      Chris

    • MH

        Message 3 of 11 , 7 Oct 01:52
          I would love to attend this year, but unfortunately my dosh is going on the house at the moment. I should be a little more flush next year to pay for hotels etc.
        • Toxicpixie
          Message 4 of 11 , 7 Oct 02:24
            Yes, take decent in focus action pics of the 6/10mm!

            Bacchus & WI have an open call for good quality small scale shots after his recent "discussion provoking" post on over representation of 28mm figures at shows/in mags (either six a side skirmish or twelve foot long tables with thousands of pounds of lead on!).

            Also, I like piccies ;)

            Nathan

            Sent from my iPhone
          • Alan Millicheap

              Message 6 of 11 , 9 Oct 12:23
                Al, if you and Rodge go on Sunday, I shall be sorry to miss you, but I'm sure Crispin will be glad of any help!

                As for photos: we'll see. Might have to muster a better camera than my poor old phone.

                Chris
              • neverlay12@gmail.com
                Message 7 of 11 , 9 Oct 12:37
                  Dad and I should be around on the 19th, so I'm sure we'll pop over and say hello, if not join in the games ourselves!
                • Alan Millicheap
                  Message 8 of 11 , 10 Oct 03:39
                    Chris

                    It's really up to Rodge when we go - he does an excellent impression of Parker :)

                    Alan

                    On 9 October 2017 at 20:23, bbbchrisp@... [BBB_wargames] <BBB_wargames@...> wrote:

                    Al, if you and Rodge go on Sunday, I shall be sorry to miss you, but I'm sure Crispin will be glad of any help!

                    As for photos: we'll see. Might have to muster a better camera than my poor old phone.

                    Chris

                  • dunsters2000
                    Message 9 of 11 , 11 Oct 02:22
                      Looks like we'll have two games running for BBB on both days, hopefully we'll be reasonably close to each other for mutual support and heckling 😀
                    • bbbchrisp
                      Message 10 of 11 , 11 Oct 05:01
                        Excellent! Yes, when I said "we" I meant Oxford Wargames Society, since ours will be an official OWS table. Delighted that you're doing Gettysburg - looking forward to seeing it!

                        Chris
                      • Alan Millicheap