Union OB Stones River

  • vtsaogames
    Message 1 of 2 , 6 Oct

      I hope this table looks OK when copied here. It is about how much experience each division had, and the old number under Buell's system. Dave, can you point out where your Stones River map is? I'd like to take a cut at this battle. Below, the table (hope it looks right).

      Rosecrans XIV Corps

      Unit

      Previous name

      CO

      Battle experience

      Right

      McCook

      First Division

      9th

      Davis

      *

      Second Division

      2nd

      Johnson

      Shiloh

      Third Division

      11th

      Sheridan

      *

      Center

      Thomas

      First Division

      3rd

      Rousseau

      **

      Second Division

      1st

      Fry

      Spring Mill ***

      Third Division

      8th

      Negley

      Newly raised troops

      Fourth Division

      ?

      Reynolds

      Not present (LOC)

      Left

      Crittenden

      First Division

      6th

      Wood

      **

      Second Division

      4th

      Palmer

      Shiloh

      Third Division

      5th

      Van Cleve

      **

      * contains troops transferred from Army of Tennessee and newly raised units

       ** hard marching during Chattanooga and Perryville campaigns but no combat

       *** only 1 brigade present at Stones River

      The former 7th, 10th and 12th divisions were not present, guarding the LOC as was Thomas’ Fourth.

      Based on Days of Glory

    • vtsaogames
      Message 2 of 2 , 6 Oct
        Correction: while putting it into table, I left out some details. If you have any info to add or correct, please let me know. Corrected version follows.

        Rosecrans XIV Corps

        Unit

        Previous name

        CO