Joy of Six 2018 Sheffield

  • tim177772
    Message 1 of 16 , 16 Oct

      Would there be any interest in running a BBB next year at this show. The provisional date is 15th July. Game booking forms will be out soon.

      This show is dedicated to 6mm games, small but fun (the figures and the event).

      I expect there would be a lot of interest for BBB from those attending.

      Tim

    • bbbchrisp
      Message 2 of 16 , 16 Oct
        Thanks, Tim. Yes, that's a possibility.

        Chris
      • andrew.fuller48
        Message 3 of 16 , 17 Oct
          I would certainly consider going to JOS if there is a BBB game on the go.
        • ktravlos
          Message 4 of 16 , 22 Oct
            This is one of those small cons I would like to go to, if I could afford the time and money. I am surprised thee es no BBB presence as it seems to be a perfect con for showing it off.
          • andrew.fuller48
            Message 5 of 16 , 22 Oct
              I would be happy to put on First Bull Run as all my 6mm ACW stuff is Baccus. Most is on 60x30 but it would be a doddle to prepare some 30x30 bases to enable odd number units to be fielded. It would also be easy to transport by train.
            • bbbchrisp
              Message 6 of 16 , 22 Oct
                Andy, that would be awesome if you could do that. JoS looks possible for me too but it is too early for me to be able to say for sure.

                Chris
              • andrew.fuller48
                Message 7 of 16 , 23 Oct
                  And the good news is that I have had a very positive response from Peter, who says he would really like to see a smaller game at the show as a change from the mega-games that tend to be put on at such events. I also think that small-scale games provide possible new players with an achievable goal to get them started. He will give me more information in the new year. Looks like it will definitely be First Bull Run (updated version) using my Baccus 6mm.
                • bbbchrisp
                  Message 8 of 16 , 23 Oct
                    Brilliant! I hope I will be able to make it to Sheffield as well.

                    Chris
                  • vtsaogames
                    Message 9 of 16 , 23 Oct
                       Looks like it will definitely be First Bull Run (updated version) using my Baccus 6mm.

                      On the QRS sequence of play, after assault is: take photos. Please.
                    • andrew.fuller48
                      Message 10 of 16 , 23 Oct
                        Definitely will take photos, and I hope you can make it Chris.
                      • bbbchrisp
                        Message 11 of 16 , 24 Oct
                          Well it's in the diary now, which gives it a chance. :-)

                          Chris
                        • tim177772
                          Message 12 of 16 , 24 Oct
                            OK, glad I started this.

                            Thanks for all the interest and support.

                            I was thinking of raising the booking with Peter but as Andrew is now in direct contact then I assume that Andrew will sort that out.

                            I am planning to give a run-through of BBB at my local club here in Sheffield sometime soon.

                            Tim

                          • bbbchrisp
                            Message 13 of 16 , 24 Oct
                              And thanks for prompting us, Tim.

                              Do let us know how your Sheffield club session goes.

                              Chris
                            • andrew.fuller48
                              Message 14 of 16 , 24 Oct
                                Not sure wether you are just talking about the First Bull Run game or if you would like me to book a place for you to put on a different game as well? Quite happy to do that if that is what you mean.
                              • TIM CARNE
                                Message 15 of 16 , 24 Oct
                                  Andrew, no just getting out of the loop for your Bull Run game.  Happy to participate in set-up, running the game etc.

                                  Message 16 of 16 , 24 Oct
                                    Look forward to seeing you there Tim.