Blog audience

  • vtsaogames
    Message 1 of 13 , 18 Oct

      Very strange: looked at the stats for my blog. The audience is

      Russia 216 hits

      USA 62

      UK 22

      Why is the blog so popular with Russians?

    • Martijn Nicasie
      Message 2 of 13 , 18 Oct
        Why, the KGB is watching you, obviously. Your way too interested in an expedition into the Crimea!

        I remember that one of the other blogs I follow (don’t remember which, sorry) also reported al lot of rather unexplainable Russian interest for a time.

        It’ll wear off. Or they will really start reading, in which case it will grow!

        Martijn (your stat from Belgium Knipogende emoticon)

        Message 3 of 13 , 18 Oct
          My BBBBlog periodically gets crazy spikes in visits from Russia. Could be webbot / crawlers that get excited and attracted for some reason. Though I like Martijn's explanation better.

          Chris
        • vtsaogames
          Message 4 of 13 , 19 Oct
            There is an election coming up... I'm sure Putin cares who is mayor of New York City.
          • Colin Wilcock
            Message 5 of 13 , 19 Oct
              Given this level of interest, perhaps the next Bash day will be in Omsk,
              not Oxford?

              Cheers

              Colin
            • steven johnson
              Message 6 of 13 , 19 Oct
                Yep, my Blog had a sudden spike from visitors from Russia, as did many others too. So, I simply turned off my visitor number tracking thingy off. No idea where most of my traffic comes from now, but last time I checked, certainly not from Russia.

              • bbbchrisp
                Message 7 of 13 , 19 Oct
                  Pros and cons. Megabuck sponsorship of the event by Russian petrodollars is obviously tempting, but given my personal rivalries with my fellow oligarchs ... well, you can imagine.

                  Chris
                • toxic pixie
                  Message 8 of 13 , 20 Oct

                    Posted by:

                    vtsaogames

                    There is an election coming up... I'm sure Putin cares who is mayor of New York City.

                    I was about to suggest that!

                    They'll be crawlers looking for accounts they can compromise and then use to slip targeted ad's and either game or just mess with the results for maximum chaos. Or spam p0rn at people, either is quite likely ;)

                    Nathan
                  • vtsaogames
                    Message 9 of 13 , 20 Oct
                      They'll be crawlers looking for accounts they can compromise and then use to slip targeted ad's

                      Ah, that might explain the surge of spam I've been getting lately, including lonely Russian women seeking companionship. Thanks to all, I feel slightly less creeped out.
                    • bbbchrisp
                      Message 10 of 13 , 20 Oct
                        Perhaps I shouldn't have used the tag "beautiful models" on some of my BBBBlog posts. Sorry. I couldn't resist.

                        Must dash now. It's actress audition night on the BBB megayacht again.

                        Chris
                      • Nicholas Murray
                        Message 11 of 13 , 20 Oct
                          And when I last visited, I was housed on a campbed in the shed!

                          Is that because I stormed Plevna twice in one weekend? :-)

                          Nick

                          Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

                          Message 12 of 13 , 20 Oct
                            It's because you're not a very good actress.  :-)
                          • Nicholas Murray
                            Message 13 of 13 , 20 Oct
                              How little you know...

                              ;-)