WW1 Brits vs Turks

  • Bob Mackenzie
    Message 1 of 5 , 5 Dec 23:55
      Hi All

      A friend revealed a box of lovely WW1 Brits and Turks last week that he
      had gathering dust in a cupboard. He's really keen to do a WW1 BBB. Its
      fallen to me to write the scenario. The small problem is I know almost
      nothing about the campaign. I'm happy to do some research but I don't
      know enough about the campaigns to know where to start

      I am hoping someone can point me in the direction of a battle that is
      BBB sized and that had a great deal of manoeuvre on both sides. I would
      much prefer not to do a scenario that is basically a frontal assault on
      a trench line.

      If anyone has some good web links that would be helpful too

      Thanks

      Bob
    • bbbchrisp
      Message 2 of 5 , 6 Dec 07:33
        Hi Bob, how about the Turkish raid on Suez in 1915?
        https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raid_on_the_Suez_Canal

        Chris
      • ktravlos
        Message 3 of 5 , 6 Dec 07:53
          The guys t Great War Spearhead might have scenarios you csn adapt to BBB. The operations leading to Kut el mara can also give mobile games
        • ktravlos
          Message 4 of 5 , 6 Dec 08:40
            Here are the links

            http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/rsutton/scenarios/crisis_in_the_balkans.html

            http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/rsutton/scenarios/Nasiriyah/up_the_river_to_nasiriyeh.html

            http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/rsutton/scenarios/oasis_scenario.html

          • Bob Mackenzie
            Message 5 of 5 , 6 Dec 23:31
              Thanks to both Chris and Konstantinos, I will enjoy exploring those links