BBB Leipzig

  • greathallgames1
    Message 1 of 38 , 13 Jul 08:53
      OK, all the talk of BBB Waterloo 200 and some discussions in the local game store have sorta whetted my appetite to try Leipzig with BBB. Leipzig has always been one of my favorites, just for bringing in all the disparate forces in one giant slug fest. (It's almost like the big, giant battle in a wargames campaign that finally breaks the whole campaign and then we all start over again!)

      I have tried various approaches, Volley and Bayonet, my own rules and Napoleon at War (scenarios from bits of the battle), etc. But they gave all really been still born. NaW got the furthest, with entire OBs and vairous scenarios put together. So I actually have a ton of research completed, OBs, maps, etc.

      Now BBB and 10mm troops seems the way to go. The rules seem to be working well for Napoleonics and Pendraken has a ton of new Napoleonic figures in 10mm, along with other manufacturers. So, this seems like the time to really undertake the project.

      I think this will be a long term project. Sending troops off to be painted, etc. To help get me started, I was looking for the Waterloo OB that Vince put together for Waterloo, but have not been able to find them anywhere. I also need to review the special rules people have been proposing.

      Any help would be appreciated.

      Thanks,

      Rob

    • Bob Mackenzie
      Message 38 of 38 , 3 Apr
        Here are some questions that I need to resolve, and input is certainly
        welcome:

        Hi Rob

        I'm not going to answer all your questions because I'm basically
        unqualified to do so. However as a rule of thumb, get rid of fiddlyness

        So don't use 1/2 size gun batteries amalgamate two into a full size battery

        Assume that guns in divs etc are part of the div strength, if both sides
        did it it should even out. So only model reserve artillery

        Big units (if they don't break the rules) are better than two small units

        Cheers

        Bob