713: ** BRANCH LINE*** Update re 3rd September

  • Nick Garnham
    29 Aug
      An update to the previous information:

      A few places are available (particularly at Stafford) on our miniature
      railway visits next Sunday, now including the elevated lines at both
      locations:

      Wolverhampton & District Model Engineering Society, next Sunday 3 Sep,
      11.00: (MR p23) 5"/7¼" Baggeridge Country Park, Wombourne, DY3 4HB, (SO 899
      930). A comprehensive visit to cover the new (OP 28 May 2017) and much
      amended layout see https://goo.gl/y3rth4 therefore even of interest to
      those who have visited before. There is now 1,400ft of ground level 5"/7¼"
      track and 400ft of 3½"/5" elevated track which is confirmed to be running.
      The former includes a new tunnel route, flat crossings and curves not
      previously in passenger service. It is hoped to cover other 'non-passenger'
      lines such as bay platforms and various shed roads as practicable. Unusual
      motive power (and more than one loco) requested! Then ...

      Staffordshire Model Engineers, 14.00: (MR p24) Agricultural Show Ground,
      Stafford, ST18 0BD (SJ 957 256). Aiming for comprehensive coverage of the
      7¼" gauge lines with the new 700yd loop extension (total 1,250yd run), steam
      traction (max 24, preference given to those attending both events). Each
      visit is £10 adults, £5 child; pay on the day in cash. Expressions of
      interest/queries to Simon Mortimer scubatrack@...
      <mailto:scubatrack@...> (preferred) or telephone: 07835 739940.
      UPDATE: Stafford now includes the elevated line - this is extremely rare and
      difficult o do as only one member there has a suitable locomotive.

      Best Wishes

      Nick Garnham

      I’m riding London – Paris later in the year for Bloodwise, the Leukaemia
      charity

      I’d be very grateful for any donations to help this very good cause

      https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Nicks-london-Paris