MAKE POVERTY HISTORY AND STUFF

  • francois
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 8, 2005
      Dear fairtraders,

      Seasons greetings, an innocous statement in the light of the recent
      asian tradgedy, as befits whatever season you wish to imagine
      yourself in. I hope this new year will bring many positive changes
      for us all and for the global citizens who will benefit from better
      terms of trade, better aid and relief from the awful burden of debt
      that cripples many economies.

      It was my intention to talk to the council this january but i must
      put it off until march, likewise the new consumer magazine i have not
      found all the funds for the shopping directory and i fear the
      deadline has expired for the copy. BUT there will be a fairtrade
      shopping directory for this march in time for the fairtrade market
      which is confirmed for the 12 march 2005 marlowes shopping centre.

      Since this year is going to be historic with the make poverty history
      campaign, and comic relief is on 11th march, one day before our
      fairtrade market i feel it would be amazing if we could put together
      something for the two days. Suggestions anybody? Does anybody know
      any local celebs?

      This gives a new lease of life to the fairtrade town petition which
      i've decided can have it's potential maximised at the two events. A
      post presentation to the council can then follow and we hope a
      resolution.

      i'm not sure how the election is going to feature anywhere in this
      but with cross party support it shouldn't make any difference.

      The website will be updated shortly.

      That's all for now.

      Regards

      Francois