Dinner, dinner, oh hey. (De'an/Balen)

  • ShadowReine
    Message 1 of 25 , Sep 20, 2007
      De'an was actually looking where he was going in the dining hall *this*
      time, a lesson learnt after a couple of collisions. He sighed, though,
      seeing the loooong line to get klah. Couldn't be helped, though, and he
      wasn't in the mood to try and get a drudge to get it for him, so he
      moved to stand in line himself, shaking his head a little. "Hungry," he
      muttered, although it wasn't really that loud a complaint.
    • Kouga
      Message 2 of 25 , Sep 24, 2007
        >>De'an was actually looking where he was going in the dining hall
        *this* time, a lesson learnt after a couple of collisions. He sighed,
        though, seeing the loooong line to get klah. Couldn't be helped,
        though, and he wasn't in the mood to try and get a drudge to get it
        for him, so he moved to stand in line himself, shaking his head a
        little. "Hungry," he muttered, although it wasn't really that loud a
        complaint.<<

        "Hungry? So you get in the klah line? Didn't know klah helped hungry."
        Balen turned enough to look at the person behind his offering the
        other a grin to let him know he was teasing.

        ooc: er ya that sucked

        *Kouga*

        Sign in the Meat Market: My Cow is dead, I don't need your bull.
      • ShadowReine
        Message 3 of 25 , Sep 24, 2007
          > "Hungry? So you get in the klah line? Didn't know klah helped hungry."
          > Balen turned enough to look at the person behind his offering the
          > other a grin to let him know he was teasing.

          De'an laughed. "The klah line is before the food line," he pointed out,
          studying the young man. "I don't think I know you."

        • Kouga
          Message 4 of 25 , Sep 28, 2007
            >>De'an laughed. "The klah line is before the food line," he pointed
            out, studying the young man. "I don't think I know you."<<

            "Now you went and spoiled my fun." Balen teased before nodding "Well
            can't say as I remember you, so I'm quite sure we haven't. Recently
            transferred here from Igen Weyr, I'm Balen."

            Message 5 of 25 , Sep 28, 2007
              > "Now you went and spoiled my fun." Balen teased before nodding "Well
              > can't say as I remember you, so I'm quite sure we haven't. Recently
              > transferred here from Igen Weyr, I'm Balen."

              De'an nodded. "De'an, weyrling to blue Enrith." He was looking forward
              to the day when he could switch out 'weyrling' for 'rider' now.

            • Kouga
              Message 6 of 25 , Oct 9, 2007
                >>De'an nodded. "De'an, weyrling to blue Enrith." He was looking
                forward to the day when he could switch out 'weyrling' for 'rider'
                now.<<

                "De'an? Ah you must be from the older Weyrlings then. I haven't gotten
                to meet any of them I don't think. Met a few of the candidates so I
                know some of the new Weyrlings, but not any of the older ones. Bet
                your ready to graduate aren't you?" Balen offered.

                Message 7 of 25 , Oct 9, 2007
                  > "De'an? Ah you must be from the older Weyrlings then. I haven't gotten
                  > to meet any of them I don't think. Met a few of the candidates so I
                  > know some of the new Weyrlings, but not any of the older ones. Bet
                  > your ready to graduate aren't you?" Balen offered.

                  De'an nodded. "Enrith certainly is. He can do anything an older dragon
                  can do...especially if you ask him!"

                • Kouga
                  Message 8 of 25 , Oct 10, 2007
                    >>De'an nodded. "Enrith certainly is. He can do anything an older
                    dragon can do...especially if you ask him!"<<

                    "Well then if I ever meet a blue who calls himself Enrith, I'll be
                    sure to ask him. I bet he's handsome like his rider too isn't he?" It
                    wasn't like the person in front of his was listening to really Balen
                    didn't care to give the other a complement. Besides he liked what he
                    saw and he had never been good at hiding that.

                    Message 9 of 25 , Oct 10, 2007
                      > "Well then if I ever meet a blue who calls himself Enrith, I'll be
                      > sure to ask him. I bet he's handsome like his rider too isn't he?" It
                      > wasn't like the person in front of his was listening to really Balen
                      > didn't care to give the other a complement. Besides he liked what he
                      > saw and he had never been good at hiding that.

                      De'an grinned a bit. "He is. Although you should watch who you flirt
                      with...especially some of the bronze or brown type candidates." Who
                      didn't always get what they wanted. "*I* would take you up on it...but
                      you'd get into trouble and I have a boyfriend anyway."

                    • Kouga
                      Message 10 of 25 , Oct 15, 2007
                        >>De'an grinned a bit. "He is. Although you should watch who you flirt
                        with...especially some of the bronze or brown type candidates." Who
                        didn't always get what they wanted. "*I* would take you up on it...but
                        you'd get into trouble and I have a boyfriend anyway."<<

                        "ooh a mate, no wouldn't want to bother you then. That would be a bit
                        wrong of me. Those bronze and brown type candidates can go have fun
                        with each other for all I care. If I know someone wouldn't be happy I
                        make my self be a good boy and keep my mouth shut. If not well
                        wouldn't be the first time I've gotten in trouble for trying to bother
                        the wrong person and I doubt it will be the last." He shrugged
                        offering the other a smile, it was nice to find people who didn't mind
                        in this place. The only problem was none of them wanted to have fun
                        for well what ever reason. Just another reason to have been sent here
                        though, Balen decided mentally grumbling at the wingleader who had
                        gotten him sent away from all he knew including his fun.

                        *Kouga*

                        "What color is the sky in that little world of yours?"
                      • ShadowReine
                        Message 11 of 25 , Oct 15, 2007
                          > "ooh a mate, no wouldn't want to bother you then. That would be a bit
                          > wrong of me. Those bronze and brown type candidates can go have fun
                          > with each other for all I care. If I know someone wouldn't be happy I
                          > make my self be a good boy and keep my mouth shut. If not well
                          > wouldn't be the first time I've gotten in trouble for trying to bother
                          > the wrong person and I doubt it will be the last." He shrugged
                          > offering the other a smile, it was nice to find people who didn't mind
                          > in this place. The only problem was none of them wanted to have fun
                          > for well what ever reason. Just another reason to have been sent here
                          > though, Balen decided mentally grumbling at the wingleader who had
                          > gotten him sent away from all he knew including his fun.

                          De'an nodded. "Yeah. A mate." A pause. "You'll probably be fine, then.
                          As long as you don't expect a ranking dragon." De'an was a firm
                          believer...he was convinced that the fact that he liked boys as well as
                          girls was the only reason he had 'only' Impressed blue.

                        • Kouga
                          Message 12 of 25 , Oct 22, 2007
                            >>De'an nodded. "Yeah. A mate." A pause. "You'll probably be fine,
                            then. As long as you don't expect a ranking dragon." De'an was a firm
                            believer...he was convinced that the fact that he liked boys as well
                            as girls was the only reason he had 'only' Impressed blue.<<

                            "Green, blue, brown, bronze I don't much care. Shells might even be
                            fun to have a green, could have more fun and get to blame it on her."
                            Ok so Balen knew he would never actually blame his flirting on his
                            dragon, but it was a thought all the same.

                            Message 13 of 25 , Oct 22, 2007
                              > "Green, blue, brown, bronze I don't much care. Shells might even be
                              > fun to have a green, could have more fun and get to blame it on her."
                              > Ok so Balen knew he would never actually blame his flirting on his
                              > dragon, but it was a thought all the same.

                              De'an laughed. "Only when she's proddy." Ok'lyn proddy had been fun and
                              he had to admit he rather looked forward to next time...

                            • Kouga
                              Message 14 of 25 , Oct 25, 2007
                                >>De'an laughed. "Only when she's proddy." Ok'lyn proddy had been fun
                                and he had to admit he rather looked forward to next time...<<

                                "True, but it would still be a fun excuse." Ok so Balen couldn't help
                                taking advantage of a nice chat with someone who was actually willing
                                to just chat with him like this "Don't you think so?"

                                Message 15 of 25 , Oct 25, 2007
                                  > "True, but it would still be a fun excuse." Ok so Balen couldn't help
                                  > taking advantage of a nice chat with someone who was actually willing
                                  > to just chat with him like this "Don't you think so?"

                                  De'an laughed. "I guess. I wouldn't know...greens are something Enrith
                                  likes, not..."

                                • Kouga
                                  Message 16 of 25 , Nov 2, 2007
                                    >>De'an laughed. "I guess. I wouldn't know...greens are something
                                    Enrith likes, not..."<<

                                    "Ah come on now. You've never stopped to look at how pretty any of the
                                    greens are? All the shades of green, they are just sooo…" Balen
                                    drifted off trying to find the right word, but after a moment he just
                                    sighed when noting was coming to mind "..well they just are. Blues are
                                    the same, and browns all those different shades. I guess really
                                    bronzes and golds would have to be the ones I actually like to watch
                                    least. They do have different colours, but there just aren't as many
                                    so they just aren't as nice to stop and watch."

                                    Message 17 of 25 , Nov 2, 2007
                                      > "Ah come on now. You've never stopped to look at how pretty any of the
                                      > greens are? All the shades of green, they are just sooo…" Balen
                                      > drifted off trying to find the right word, but after a moment he just
                                      > sighed when noting was coming to mind "..well they just are. Blues are
                                      > the same, and browns all those different shades. I guess really
                                      > bronzes and golds would have to be the ones I actually like to watch
                                      > least. They do have different colours, but there just aren't as many
                                      > so they just aren't as nice to stop and watch."

                                      De'an considered that. "I suppose so. I have the best blue on Pern,
                                      anyway."
                                    • Kouga
                                      Message 18 of 25 , Nov 8, 2007
                                        >>De'an considered that. "I suppose so. I have the best blue on Pern, anyway."<<

                                        Balen grinned at the bluerider "I think every rider says that." he
                                        informed him jokingly "Though I guess to every rider it's true too. I
                                        wouldn't know, but just the way they say that your dragon is in your
                                        head and loves you more then anything else. I guess it would make
                                        since that to every rider there dragon /is/ the best one." He added
                                        after a moment of thought.

                                        Message 19 of 25 , Nov 8, 2007
                                          > Balen grinned at the bluerider "I think every rider says that." he
                                          > informed him jokingly "Though I guess to every rider it's true too. I
                                          > wouldn't know, but just the way they say that your dragon is in your
                                          > head and loves you more then anything else. I guess it would make
                                          > since that to every rider there dragon /is/ the best one." He added
                                          > after a moment of thought.

                                          De'an grinned. "They're not perfect, but they *feel* perfect. You'll
                                          get it when you Impress."

                                        • Kouga
                                          Message 20 of 25 , Nov 16, 2007
                                            >>De'an grinned. "They're not perfect, but they *feel* perfect. You'll
                                            get it when you Impress."<<

                                            Balen considered for a moment before nodding "I suppose I will, in the
                                            mean time I guess I just have to accept that no one can really
                                            describe it." he replied as they made it to the front of the line. He
                                            offered the cook a smile as he got a mug and proceeded to put more
                                            sweetner in it then it seemed humanly possible to ingest –at least
                                            considering how rather unhyper he was- but he didn't seem to notice
                                            just enjoyed the overly sweet klah as he moved on to get some food.

                                            Message 21 of 25 , Nov 16, 2007
                                              > Balen considered for a moment before nodding "I suppose I will, in the
                                              > mean time I guess I just have to accept that no one can really
                                              > describe it." he replied as they made it to the front of the line. He
                                              > offered the cook a smile as he got a mug and proceeded to put more
                                              > sweetner in it then it seemed humanly possible to ingest –at least
                                              > considering how rather unhyper he was- but he didn't seem to notice
                                              > just enjoyed the overly sweet klah as he moved on to get some food.

                                              De'an winced inwardly at the amount of sweetener, but said nothing.
                                              "Yeah. I'm afraid it really is as impossible as they say."
                                            • Kouga
                                              Message 22 of 25 , Nov 21, 2007
                                                >>De'an winced inwardly at the amount of sweetener, but said nothing.
                                                "Yeah. I'm afraid it really is as impossible as they say."<<

                                                "I've never met something that's just /that/ impossible, but with so
                                                many people unable to describe it maybe I've finally found something.
                                                I've got another three turns and a few months to find out though
                                                before I have to find something else too do." Balen decided even if he
                                                already knew what he would actually like to do if he never impressed.
                                                It wouldn't be a craft for a Weyr he knew that, but it was what he
                                                liked.

                                                *Kouga*

                                                "The first assassin kills the second assassin, sent to kill the first
                                                assassin, who didn't assassinate anybody until we sent the second
                                                assassin to assassinate her." Wolfram & Hart Lawyer from Buffy the
                                                vampire slayer
                                              • ShadowReine
                                                Message 23 of 25 , Nov 21, 2007
                                                  > "I've never met something that's just /that/ impossible, but with so
                                                  > many people unable to describe it maybe I've finally found something.
                                                  > I've got another three turns and a few months to find out though
                                                  > before I have to find something else too do." Balen decided even if he
                                                  > already knew what he would actually like to do if he never impressed.
                                                  > It wouldn't be a craft for a Weyr he knew that, but it was what he
                                                  > liked.

                                                  De'an grinned. "Hopefully, it won't come to that...you having to find
                                                  something else to do, that is."

                                                • Kouga
                                                  Message 24 of 25 , Dec 1, 2007
                                                    >>De'an grinned. "Hopefully, it won't come to that...you having to
                                                    find something else to do, that is."<<

                                                    Balen nodded "Hopefully not, but I've lived in a Weyr all my life I
                                                    know it happens. Still I'm not going to worry for at least another
                                                    couple turns because that is a long time away no one can know what's
                                                    going to happen between now and then."

                                                    Message 25 of 25 , Dec 1, 2007
                                                      > Balen nodded "Hopefully not, but I've lived in a Weyr all my life I
                                                      > know it happens. Still I'm not going to worry for at least another
                                                      > couple turns because that is a long time away no one can know what's
                                                      > going to happen between now and then."

                                                      De'an nodded. "Plenty of baby dragons in the future. You'll get yours."