For Faranth's Sake ((Ambrelli, Any))

  • Tricia
    Message 1 of 15 , Aug 2, 2009
      Ambrelli couldn't help herself. She blamed it on the dragonhealer in her, but she simply couldn't help it. She dreamed of the eggs. She looked at them once, and now they seemed to dance in front of her eyes when she dreamed like little marionets. Which was just silly because there was no way on this world that she would EVER want to be a Candidate at Fort. Or a weyrling at Fort! Faranth forbid!

      She shuddered. She hadn't heard much about WLM I'znin, but he was Fortian, so he coulnd't be good. She KNEW she didn't want to be a Candidate here. CM M'ayen scared the shells out of her. She shuddered at the thought. She'd been told about how absolutely cruel life could be for female Candidates when there wasn't a gold egg.

      'But there's one now' something in her mind whispered. Right. Like she'd Impress gold. No way. Ugh. And having to spread her legs for these wherry-headed backwards-thinking runner's arses every time a dragon flew would simply drive her crazy.

      Which was why she couldn't understand why she was in the Dining Hall sketching the eggs from memory when she should have been reviewing the advanced stages of Threadscoring in the forward sails of dragonwings. She had raw artistic talent born of Turns of sketching Merck, her flitter, and the dragons of Arolos in her dragonhealer studies. Her attention to detail and good spatial orientation gave her accurate renderings that while lacked perhaps creativity and artistry, did not lack skill in there depictions.

      She sighed loudly.
    • Cammy
      Message 2 of 15 , Aug 2, 2009

[...]

        ***

                         Surely such a young, growing boy shouldn't have such a dark look on his face. Farolan's image should have been awkward, or at least cheerful. He was at that strange phase of development where he seemed to be a brat that had been put through the laundry press and stretched out into a semblance of a candidate or apprentice, nowhere near an adult, but not a kid. He wasn't any of the above. His sour expression and new burst of height leant more age to his features, though Faro was only just turned 14.

                        The reason for his less than pleasant frame of mind was currently mending straps in his weyr. Farolan darkly imagined his father cutting his hand in the process or some other form of injury to befall the bronzerider, short of wishing for his death. M'alach, Farolan's sire, had just treated his son to the billionth lecture on his future and all the mistakes the young man was surely making that would ruin his life and disgrace his father. The bronzer would not let go the idea of his son Impressing a bronze like his own and with a clutch on the Sands he was even more insufferable in his insistence. There was a very clear threat over Faro's head that if he didn't voluntarily become a candidate, he might be forcibly put there in response to a well-placed bribe of M'alach's.

                    Brewing on the injustice of it all when he thought he was doing quite well for himself, having taken the initiative in his own life, Farolan was walking by the girl at the table at the moment. Through one of those curious coincidences, he sighed his own frustration at the exact same moment as the stranger and the echo puzzled him enough to pause in his reflections and look around for the cause.

      • Tricia
        Message 3 of 15 , Aug 3, 2009
          >                  Surely such a young, growing boy shouldn't have such a dark look on his face. Farolan's image should have been awkward, or at least cheerful. He was at that strange phase of development where he seemed to be a brat that had been put through the laundry press and stretched out into a semblance of a candidate or apprentice, nowhere near an adult, but not a kid. He wasn't any of the above. His sour expression and new burst of height leant more age to his features, though Faro was only just turned 14.
          >
          >                 The reason for his less than pleasant frame of mind was currently mending straps in his weyr. Farolan darkly imagined his father cutting his hand in the process or some other form of injury to befall the bronzerider, short of wishing for his death. M'alach, Farolan's sire, had just treated his son to the billionth lecture on his future and all the mistakes the young man was surely making that would ruin his life and disgrace his father. The bronzer would not let go the idea of his son Impressing a bronze like his own and with a clutch on the Sands he was even more insufferable in his insistence. There was a very clear threat over Faro's head that if he didn't voluntarily become a candidate, he might be forcibly put there in response to a well-placed bribe of M'alach's.
          >
          >             Brewing on the injustice of it all when he thought he was doing quite well for himself, having taken the initiative in his own life, Farolan was walking by the girl at the table at the moment. Through one of those curious coincidences, he sighed his own frustration at the exact same moment as the stranger and the echo puzzled him enough to pause in his reflections and look around for the cause.

          Ambrelli looked up as her sigh seemed to be echoes. Vigilance! She never knew who might be watching her, and while she wasn't doing anything wrong, Faranth knew people had done less.

          She turned her head, noting a boy behind her with pale brown eyes and matching hair. He looked like she felt, a strange serious look on his face that didn't seem to match his age.

          On her shoulder, brown Merck gave a yawn, his little wings stretching and for a moment breaking Ambrelli's view of the boy. The flitter gave a little squeak in the boy's direction. Ambrelli smiled, her golden eyes sparkling. She was a dragonhealer by trade, a Senior Apprentice by now, though if anyone here knew about her training at Arolos, she might have been a JM by now. But everyone here thought she was from Fort, some little cothold. Better that than they knew the truth.
        • Cammy
          Message 4 of 15 , Aug 8, 2009

            >                  Surely such a young, growing boy shouldn't have such a dark look on his face. Farolan's image should have been awkward, or at least cheerful. He was at that strange phase of development where he seemed to be a brat that had been put through the laundry press and stretched out into a semblance of a candidate or apprentice, nowhere near an adult, but not a kid. He wasn't any of the above. His sour expression and new burst of height leant more age to his features, though Faro was only just turned 14.
            >
            >                 The reason for his less than pleasant frame of mind was currently mending straps in his weyr. Farolan darkly imagined his father cutting his hand in the process or some other form of injury to befall the bronzerider, short of wishing for his death. M'alach, Farolan's sire, had just treated his son to the billionth lecture on his future and all the mistakes the young man was surely making that would ruin his life and disgrace his father. The bronzer would not let go the idea of his son Impressing a bronze like his own and with a clutch on the Sands he was even more insufferable in his insistence. There was a very clear threat over Faro's head that if he didn't voluntarily become a candidate, he might be forcibly put there in response to a well-placed bribe of M'alach's.
            >
            >             Brewing on the injustice of it all when he thought he was doing quite well for himself, having taken the initiative in his own life, Farolan was walking by the girl at the table at the moment. Through one of those curious coincidences, he sighed his own frustration at the exact same moment as the stranger and the echo puzzled him enough to pause in his reflections and look around for the cause.

            Ambrelli looked up as her sigh seemed to be echoes. Vigilance! She never knew who might be watching her, and while she wasn't doing anything wrong, Faranth knew people had done less.

            She turned her head, noting a boy behind her with pale brown eyes and matching hair. He looked like she felt, a strange serious look on his face that didn't seem to match his age.

            On her shoulder, brown Merck gave a yawn, his little wings stretching and for a moment breaking Ambrelli's view of the boy. The flitter gave a little squeak in the boy's direction. Ambrelli smiled, her golden eyes sparkling. She was a dragonhealer by trade, a Senior Apprentice by now, though if anyone here knew about her training at Arolos, she might have been a JM by now. But everyone here thought she was from Fort, some little cothold. Better that than they knew the truth.

                            Blinking in comical puzzlement, Farolan leaned in and examine the brown flit with little regard for its owner at the moment. He didn't know flit's could sigh, but as the thing nearest him that was making noises, he assumed it had been the little brown to mock him. Having lived down at Arolos Weyr for a couple Turns before his father's transfer, the pets were not exactly shocking. However, M'alach's extreme dislike for the dragonkin meant he could never have bought one or get to know their eccentricities very well.

                         "Little mimic, aren't you, flit?" Faro was annoyed, but not with the brown. If his tone was harshly accusative, it was only his way of venting.

          • Tricia
            Message 5 of 15 , Aug 12, 2009

              >                 Blinking in comical puzzlement, Farolan leaned in and examine the brown flit with little regard for its owner at the moment. He didn't know flit's could sigh, but as the thing nearest him that was making noises, he assumed it had been the little brown to mock him. Having lived down at Arolos Weyr for a couple Turns before his father's transfer, the pets were not exactly shocking. However, M'alach's extreme dislike for the dragonkin meant he could never have bought one or get to know their eccentricities very well.
              >
              >              "Little mimic, aren't you, flit?" Faro was annoyed, but not with the brown. If his tone was harshly accusative, it was only his way of venting.

              Merck shuttered his wing, revealing Ambrelli's face. Her dark golden eyes regarded the boy with a mixture of wariness. Then a smidge of recognition. He'd been at Arolos! She hadn't really known him, but she'd seen him. She instantly looked down at the ground, holding that the changes in her eyebrows and the weight she'd lost would make her unrecognizable.

              "His name is Merck," she said softly. His knots said he was only a Candidate, but he was male, which was good enough around here.
            • Cammy
              Message 6 of 15 , Nov 21, 2009

                >                 Blinking in comical puzzlement, Farolan leaned in and examined the brown flit with little regard for its owner at the moment. He didn't know flit's could sigh, but as the thing nearest him that was making noises, he assumed it had been the little brown to mock him. Having lived down at Arolos Weyr for a couple Turns before his father's transfer, the pets were not exactly shocking. However, M'alach's extreme dislike for the dragonkin meant he could never have bought one or get to know their eccentricities very well.
                >
                >              "Little mimic, aren't you, flit?" Faro was annoyed, but not with the brown. If his tone was harshly accusative, it was only his way of venting.

                Merck shuttered his wing, revealing Ambrelli's face. Her dark golden eyes regarded the boy with a mixture of wariness. Then a smidge of recognition. He'd been at Arolos! She hadn't really known him, but she'd seen him. She instantly looked down at the ground, holding that the changes in her eyebrows and the weight she'd lost would make her unrecognizable.

                "His name is Merck," she said softly. His knots said he was only a Candidate, but he was male, which was good enough around here.

                             The abrupt change from frowning into the faceted eye of a flit to looking at a girl's face from a disconcertingly close distance, made Farolan start and jerk his head back a bit. Not recognizing her at all for the moment, the only thing the young lad took in was the unique shade of the girl's eyes before she ducked her head.

                             "What? Huh?" Clever quips apparently far from him at the moment, Faro forgot for a second what he'd been doing. His currently pubescent mind disoriented by the proximity and attention of an attractive female, the flit was forgotten and remembered in the span of a few seconds. "Oh! Yes..." His own pale brown eyes returned to the flit and he reached out a hand to stroke the eye ridges they way he knew they liked it. "Hi, Merck."

                              "Sorry about all that staring, ma'am. Startled me..." Farolan apologized with an embarrassed smile, "Oh, and for snapping at your...um...friend, here. " After he regained his hormone control, the 14-turn old's attention went back to his real fascination. His surprisingly gentle hands for a young boy went from scratching the brown's eye ridges to tracing a Thread scar. "If you don't mind my asking, how long ago did he get scored?"

                OOC: Actually, he's not a candidate. :) He's kind of an office assistant/unofficial gopher for the Headwoman. I guess that makes him a Lower Caverns worker. I'm not sure if she'd have seen him around or not to know that.

              • thegoldtigress82
                Message 7 of 15 , Nov 23, 2009
                  >              The abrupt change from frowning into the faceted eye of a flit to looking at a girl's face from a disconcertingly close distance, made Farolan start and jerk his head back a bit. Not recognizing her at all for the moment, the only thing the young lad took in was the unique shade of the girl's eyes before she ducked her head.
                  >

                  >              "What? Huh?" Clever quips apparently far from him at the moment, Faro forgot for a second what he'd been doing. His currently pubescent mind disoriented by the proximity and attention of an attractive female, the flit was forgotten and remembered in the span of a few seconds. "Oh! Yes..." His own pale brown eyes returned to the flit and he reached out a hand to stroke the eye ridges they way he knew they liked it. "Hi, Merck."
                  >

                  >               "Sorry about all that staring, ma'am. Startled me..." Farolan apologized with an embarrassed smile, "Oh, and for snapping at your...um...friend, here. " After he regained his hormone control, the 14-turn old's attention went back to his real fascination. His surprisingly gentle hands for a young boy went from scratching the brown's eye ridges to tracing a Thread scar. "If you don't mind my asking, how long ago did he get scored?"

                  He could have never said anything and she wouldn't have even known he'd been staring. An "Abuser" would have never told her. She hadn't really known him at Arolos, but she'd seen him once or twice And she was good with faces. She could only hope that Sirasri's makeover and her own weight loss and changes would make her impossible to recognize.

                  "A Turn ago...no a Turn and a half. He skipped into a patch," she added, thinking that'd be his next question.

                  Merck leaned into him, into the touch of the boy, a small croon escaping from his muzzle like a sigh. Ambrelli took a moment to look at him for the first time, really look at him. She'd been mistaken; no Candidate knots. So what was he doing in Fort? She couldn't just come out and ask him...

                  "He likes you..." she said softly. Merck was *usually* a good judge of character.
                • Cammy
                  Message 8 of 15 , Nov 24, 2009

                    >              The abrupt change from frowning into the faceted eye of a flit to looking at a girl's face from a disconcertingly close distance, made Farolan start and jerk his head back a bit. Not recognizing her at all for the moment, the only thing the young lad took in was the unique shade of the girl's eyes before she ducked her head.
                    >

                    >              "What? Huh?" Clever quips apparently far from him at the moment, Faro forgot for a second what he'd been doing. His currently pubescent mind disoriented by the proximity and attention of an attractive female, the flit was forgotten and remembered in the span of a few seconds. "Oh! Yes..." His own pale brown eyes returned to the flit and he reached out a hand to stroke the eye ridges they way he knew they liked it. "Hi, Merck."
                    >

                    >               "Sorry about all that staring, ma'am. Startled me..." Farolan apologized with an embarrassed smile, "Oh, and for snapping at your...um... friend, here. " After he regained his hormone control, the 14-turn old's attention went back to his real fascination. His surprisingly gentle hands for a young boy went from scratching the brown's eye ridges to tracing a Thread scar. "If you don't mind my asking, how long ago did he get scored?"

                    He could have never said anything and she wouldn't have even known he'd been staring. An "Abuser" would have never told her. She hadn't really known him at Arolos, but she'd seen him once or twice And she was good with faces. She could only hope that Sirasri's makeover and her own weight loss and changes would make her impossible to recognize.

                    "A Turn ago...no a Turn and a half. He skipped into a patch," she added, thinking that'd be his next question.

                    Merck leaned into him, into the touch of the boy, a small croon escaping from his muzzle like a sigh. Ambrelli took a moment to look at him for the first time, really look at him. She'd been mistaken; no Candidate knots. So what was he doing in Fort? She couldn't just come out and ask him...

                    "He likes you..." she said softly. Merck was *usually* a good judge of character.

                                   An "Abuser" he was not. That would have to be his sire and never was there a stronger example of what the young man did *not* want to be. In fact, Farolan made every effort to be the opposite of his father's personality in every way. Hence, why he was the kind of boy that would always apologize for his wrongs and be courteous to all who acted in kind. Of course, most of his peers thought he was soft in the head. The only thing that stopped them from calling him a boylover was the sire he was trying to seperate himself from.

                                 "Thanks, Merck." Farolan grinned at the little flit as if he'd just been the one to express his feelings and scratched under the brown's chin "For all I've just met you, I like you, too." He spoke with mock seriousness, but since he had a general affection for all dragons and their cousins it wasn't really an exaggeration. "Such a brave little guy to fight Thread for your pet." And speaking of pets...

                                "M'name's Farolan, by the way. I work for the Headwoman, in case you were wondering what strange boy just pet's another person's flit without permission." Unconsciously, he used a charming grin reminiscent of M'alach. Faro was proud of his position with Cilenna and used it as, what he thought of as, stronger credentials than whose son he was.

                  • thegoldtigress82
                    Message 9 of 15 , Dec 2, 2009
                      >                An "Abuser" he was not. That would have to be his sire and never was there a stronger example of what the young man did *not* want to be. In fact, Farolan made every effort to be the opposite of his father's personality in every way. Hence, why he was the kind of boy that would always apologize for his wrongs and be courteous to all who acted in kind. Of course, most of his peers thought he was soft in the head. The only thing that stopped them from calling him a boylover was the sire he was trying to seperate himself from.
                      >
                      >              "Thanks, Merck." Farolan grinned at the little flit as if he'd just been the one to express his feelings and scratched under the brown's chin "For all I've just met you, I like you, too." He spoke with mock seriousness, but since he had a general affection for all dragons and their cousins it wasn't really an exaggeration. "Such a brave little guy to fight Thread for your pet." And speaking of pets...
                      >
                      >             "M'name's Farolan, by the way. I work for the Headwoman, in case you were wondering what strange boy just pet's another person's flit without permission." Unconsciously, he used a charming grin reminiscent of M'alach. Faro was proud of his position with Cilenna and used it as, what he thought of as, stronger credentials than whose son he was.

                      Merck crooned a response back to the boy. He was ever a glutton for attention. He pushed his brown head against the boy's hand, loving the affection that he was getting from him.

                      Ambrelli smiled. "Farolan. You work for the HW?" she shrugged lightly. "I think I belong to him anyways," she chuckled. "I'm Apprentice Dragonhealer Ambrelli."
                    • Cammy
                      Message 10 of 15 , Dec 3, 2009

                        >                An "Abuser" he was not. That would have to be his sire and never was there a stronger example of what the young man did *not* want to be. In fact, Farolan made every effort to be the opposite of his father's personality in every way. Hence, why he was the kind of boy that would always apologize for his wrongs and be courteous to all who acted in kind. Of course, most of his peers thought he was soft in the head. The only thing that stopped them from calling him a boylover was the sire he was trying to seperate himself from.
                        >
                        >              "Thanks, Merck." Farolan grinned at the little flit as if he'd just been the one to express his feelings and scratched under the brown's chin " For all I've just met you, I like you, too." He spoke with mock seriousness, but since he had a general affection for all dragons and their cousins it wasn't really an exaggeration. "Such a brave little guy to fight Thread for your pet." And speaking of pets...
                        >
                        >             "M'name's Farolan, by the way. I work for the Headwoman, in case you were wondering what strange boy just pet's another person's flit without permission." Unconsciously, he used a charming grin reminiscent of M'alach. Faro was proud of his position with Cilenna and used it as, what he thought of as, stronger credentials than whose son he was.

                        Merck crooned a response back to the boy. He was ever a glutton for attention. He pushed his brown head against the boy's hand, loving the affection that he was getting from him.

                        Ambrelli smiled. "Farolan. You work for the HW?" she shrugged lightly. "I think I belong to him anyways," she chuckled. "I'm Apprentice Dragonhealer Ambrelli."

                                  "Pleasure to meet you, Ambrelli. Any flit friend is a worthy friend, indeed." Farolan tried to hide the excitement of meeting a dragonhealer, even an apprentice. As soon as she introduced herself that way, the lad had become eager to pick her brain on the subject. He settled for extending his left hand, being the one not busy scratching Merck. "Yeah, I'm her office assistant." It wasn't an official title, by any means, but it was what Cilenna had called him. "I basically just try to keep all the hides and information in her office organized, running some errands, that kind of thing."

                      • thegoldtigress82
                        Message 11 of 15 , Dec 4, 2009
                          Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                          From: tricia.robinson82@...
                          Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 05:15:15 +0000
                          An "Abuser" he was not. That would have to be his sire and never was there a stronger example of what the young man did *not* want to be. In fact, Farolan made every effort to be the opposite of his father's personality in every way. Hence, why he was the kind of boy that would always apologize for his wrongs and be courteous to all who acted in kind. Of course, most of his peers thought he was soft in the head. The only thing that stopped them from calling him a boylover was the sire he was trying to seperate himself from.
                          >             "Thanks, Merck." Farolan grinned at the little flit as if he'd just been the one to express his feelings and scratched under the brown's chin " For all I've just met you, I like you, too." He spoke with mock seriousness, but since he had a general affection for all dragons and their cousins it wasn't really an exaggeration. "Such a brave little guy to fight Thread for your pet." And speaking of pets...
                          > Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â "M'name's Farolan, by the way. I work for the Headwoman, in case you were wondering what strange boy just pet's another person's flit without permission." Unconsciously, he used a charming grin reminiscent of M'alach. Faro was proud of his position with Cilenna and used it as, what he thought of as, stronger credentials than whose son he was.

                          Merck crooned a response back to the boy. He was ever a glutton for attention. He pushed his brown head against the boy's hand, loving the affection that he was getting from him.

                          Ambrelli smiled. "Farolan. You work for the HW?" she shrugged lightly. "I think I belong to him anyways," she chuckled. "I'm Apprentice Dragonhealer Ambrelli."

                          "Pleasure to meet you, Ambrelli. Any flit friend is a worthy friend, indeed." Farolan tried to hide the excitement of meeting a dragonhealer, even an apprentice. As soon as she introduced herself that way, the lad had become eager to pick her brain on the subject. He settled for extending his left hand, being the one not busy scratching Merck. "Yeah, I'm her office assistant." It wasn't an official title, by any means, but it was what Cilenna had called him. "I basically just try to keep all the hides and information in her office organized, running some errands, that kind of thing."

                          She took his hand, shaking it with a firm grip. "Don't let him hear you say such things or I'll never get him to sit still when I'm reviewing anatomy!" She chuckled, alluding to the ego of a brown.

                          "I met the HW when I first came here. She seemed nice enough," she said, though she had had very little reason to meet the woman again. "I can't even imagine all the hidework that goes into running a Weyr. I'm sure she appreciates your help," she added. "You from Fort?" She asked casually.

                          "No, ma'am, not originally." Farolan began absently tracing all the small scars on Merck, his innate curiosity attempting to divide his attention between the flit and his friend. "Born in Igen, spent time in Arolos, and now here for the past 3 Turns." It was rather unusual for a young man to move around so much. It was unusual for a *rider* to move so much, and they had easy transportation. Faro still considered Igen his home, as he spent the most continuous time there. In regards to her comment on the HW, the young man preened inwardly. He liked to think he was that helpful, but he maintained the view that he overvalued himself to keep from getting a big head.

                          " 'Ma'am' my arse. We can't be that far off in age!" She snorted. "Just 'Ambrelli' will do just fine," she added. She liked him; at least he seemed nice enough and no worse for the wear for all that he'd been here 3 Turns.

                          Merck was sending her all sorts of emotions...the boy's fingers on his scars was almost tickling him and he gave an odd trill, shifting to direct the attention to his eye ridges.

                          "Eggs, Faro, you a trader or what? All that moving?" She asked with a smile. She didn't remember that he was from Igen, but then, she hadn't really known him at Arolos, a point that she hoped would help to keep him from remembering her....that and the difference 3 Turns and deliberate alterations had made to her appearance.
                        • Cammy
                          Message 12 of 15 , Dec 8, 2009
> [...]

                            " 'Ma'am' my arse. We can't be that far off in age!" She snorted. "Just 'Ambrelli' will do just fine," she added. She liked him; at least he seemed nice enough and no worse for the wear for all that he'd been here 3 Turns.

                            Merck was sending her all sorts of emotions...the boy's fingers on his scars was almost tickling him and he gave an odd trill, shifting to direct the attention to his eye ridges.

                            "Eggs, Faro, you a trader or what? All that moving?" She asked with a smile. She didn't remember that he was from Igen, but then, she hadn't really known him at Arolos, a point that she hoped would help to keep him from remembering her....that and the difference 3 Turns and deliberate alterations had made to her appearance.

                                          Taking the hint, Farolan offered the little brown a quick smiling glance and adjusted his hand appropriately. Also, having never been a candidate or done anything but sometimes sneak a peek at the dragonhealers at Arolos, Farolan was not likely to ever recognize Ambrelli from that Weyr. He may have a brief sense of deja vu at some point, but he was sure to dimiss it as the female just having "one of those faces". In response to her comment on his traveling, the young man grinned, not unaware of the oddity he presented.

                                       "No, I just... followed the family I knew." He'd never felt that Igen was home after his mother died. Unlike many young Pernese, Faro had never been fostered. His sire had dictated that no person was good enough to raise his children, so he was to stay in the creche with others of proper Rider stock. Sure, he'd been fond of some of the creche workers, but it wasn't a family. Being a Weyr didn't mean he couldn't have a family, that's just what it meant for the riders. However unusual his mentality or his circumstances, Farolan was satisfied with the choice to move along with his sire, even if the man could strain his patience greatly.

                          • tricia.robinson82
                            Message 13 of 15 , Dec 13, 2009
                              >               Taking the hint, Farolan offered the little brown a quick smiling glance and adjusted his hand appropriately. Also, having never been a candidate or done anything but sometimes sneak a peek at the dragonhealers at Arolos, Farolan was not likely to ever recognize Ambrelli from that Weyr. He may have a brief sense of deja vu at some point, but he was sure to dimiss it as the female just having "one of those faces". In response to her comment on his traveling, the young man grinned, not unaware of the oddity he presented.
                              >

                              >            "No, I just... followed the family I knew." He'd never felt that Igen was home after his mother died. Unlike many young Pernese, Faro had never been fostered. His sire had dictated that no person was good enough to raise his children, so he was to stay in the creche with others of proper Rider stock. Sure, he'd been fond of some of the creche workers, but it wasn't a family. Being a Weyr didn't mean he couldn't have a family, that's just what it meant for the riders. However unusual his mentality or his circumstances, Farolan was satisfied with the choice to move along with his sire, even if the man could strain his patience greatly.

                              "So you've a Rider for a parent, then?" she asked. She tossed Merck a small piece of a meatroll as a reward for being so good, the brown practically melting into the boy's hands.
                            • Cammy
                              Message 14 of 15 , Dec 17, 2009
                                >               Taking the hint, Farolan offered the little brown a quick smiling glance and adjusted his hand appropriately. Also, having never been a candidate or done anything but sometimes sneak a peek at the dragonhealers at Arolos, Farolan was not likely to ever recognize Ambrelli from that Weyr. He may have a brief sense of deja vu at some point, but he was sure to dimiss it as the female just having "one of those faces". In response to her comment on his traveling, the young man grinned, not unaware of the oddity he presented.
                                >

                                >            "No, I just... followed the family I knew." He'd never felt that Igen was home after his mother died. Unlike many young Pernese, Faro had never been fostered. His sire had dictated that no person was good enough to raise his children, so he was to stay in the creche with others of proper Rider stock. Sure, he'd been fond of some of the creche workers, but it wasn't a family. Being a Weyr didn't mean he couldn't have a family, that's just what it meant for the riders. However unusual his mentality or his circumstances, Farolan was satisfied with the choice to move along with his sire, even if the man could strain his patience greatly.

                                "So you've a Rider for a parent, then?" she asked. She tossed Merck a small piece of a meatroll as a reward for being so good, the brown practically melting into the boy's hands.

                                           "Yeah, how about you?" Farolan admitted his parentage, to a degree, but quickly turned the question around. It was just small talk, but the young man preferred to not mention his sire if he could help it. For all he knew, this girl could have rolled in the furs with his father already and that would just make talking to her awkward. Ambrelli didn't look more than a few Turns older than Faro, but M'alach didn't care too much about age, as long as they looked like a woman and were willing.

                                            Seeing the meatroll go flying through the air reminded Farolan that he was still balancing his tray in one hand, with his stretched hand beginning to cramp up with the time held still. He edged it on to the other side of the table, spilling a bit of his fruit juice into his tubers in the process. "Is it ok if I sit down, by the way?" Remembering Merck, he added, "And don't worry about me losing my ability to scratch. I can eat with one hand." He wiggled the free fingers at the brown with a grin.

                              • tricia.robinson82@yahoo.com
                                Message 15 of 15 , Dec 18, 2009
                                  She shook her head. "Dead. My father was a bronzerider, but..." She shrugged as if to indicate a typical bronzerider. "My mother was a creche-worker.".

                                  She motioned for him to sit. "Please! Don't let him pressure you. Eat with two hands if you want to. So you work for the HW? Is that what you've wanted to do?"
                                  Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T