Fwd: Re: meer dard & saudi recitation in muilpitas, ca

  • syed saghier ahmad jafri
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2006
      --- In Writers_Forum@yahoogroups.com, "syed saghier ahmad jafri"
      <syedsaghier@...> wrote:

      It is really interesting,important an encouraging that the
      lovers of URDU in every part of the world are organising beautiful
      Mushaere,Mehfil e Hamd O Na'at,Sham e Afsana wa Ghazal,Tanqeedi
      Nashisht,ghazal/geet singing programs,Kitaboon,Risaloon,Urdu
      Websites ki roonumaiyaan,Special Urdu learning programs for young
      boys and girls (future generation).
      There is absolutely NO DOUBT that "URDU" is DEFINITELY becoming
      more popular as the time is passing.Just one small example.In the
      UAE,four years ago,I and Sabiha Saba made serious efforts and
      managed to bring out First "URDU MAGAZINE" on art paper by the name
      of "AL - NAKHHEL" and also launched the first Urdu Website :
      http://www.urdumanzil.com .
      Now, two monthly Urdu magazines,two daily Urdu newspapers and
      three Urdu weekly papers are publshed regularly and available at the
      book stalls for hundeds and thousands of people who live and work in
      this country,KSA,Qatar,Bahrain,Kuwait,Oman etc.
      We are now focussing more on special and interesting Urdu
      programs for the young people so that interest may be created for
      learning this beautiful language by the present as well as by the
      future generations.
      Hameeda Chopra Sahiba and all the Urdu loving people who have
      organised the above noted function in California ( Ca ) deserve all
      the appreciation.Well done and please keep it up.
      Syed Saghier Ahmad Jafri,
      http://www.urdumanzil.com

      --- In Writers_Forum@yahoogroups.com, "Usman Qazi" <usman.qazi@>
      wrote:

      > Guldasta-e-Ghazal
      > *<http://www.evite.com/pages/invite/printView.jsp?
      event=JOTOKDHSALJNQLMGZGKF>
      > *
      >
      > Click here to enlarge
      > image<javascript:uniPop('/pages/util/viewFullPict.jsp?
      pictID=PBUEXWFXISISDLRMLEUW',
      > 'Expand', 550, 673,'no','no');>
      > Host:<http://www.evite.com/pages/gt/people/view.jsp?
      eUserID=dd0KvuzASYZmANe1JRMRzuP/JARbHY6zoVteKcWK4/4=>
      > Hamida Chopra
      > Location:<javascript:popupWin('/app/mapping/mapPrivateEvent.do?
      eventId=JOTOKDHSALJNQLMGZGKF','770','680','yes','yes','no','no','Depe
      ndentWindow','no','no','center')>
      > India Community Center
      > 555 Los Coches St., Milpitas, CA View
      > Map<javascript:popupWin('/app/mapping/mapPrivateEvent.do?
      eventId=JOTOKDHSALJNQLMGZGKF','770','680','yes','yes','no','no','Depe
      ndentWindow','no','no','center')>
      > *When*: Sunday, August 27, 3:00pm to 5:00pm *Phone*: 408-934-
      1130 **India
      > Community Center
      > Presents
      >
      > Guldasta-e-Ghazal: a program of Urdu poetry
      > *
      >
      > "arz-o-sama kahaaN teri wus'at ko pa sake
      > mera hi dil hai wo ke jahaaN tu sama sake"
      > -Dard
      >
      > "dl mat paTak nazar se ke paaya na jaayega
      > juN ashk phir zameeN se uThaaya na jaayega "
      > -Sauda
      >
      > This program is dedicated to two great poets: Khwaja Meer Dard and
      Mirza
      > Mohammad Rafi Sauda. Contemporaries of Meer Taqi Meer, their life
      and poetry
      > will be presented by talented members of the community.
      >
      > THIS EVENT IS FREE ADMISSION!
      >
      > THE FLYER FOR THIS EVENT IS AVAILABLE AT :
      > http://tamarind18.com/print/dard-sauda.pdf
      >
      > FOR MORE INFORMATION VISIT THE INDIA COMMUNITY CENTER WEBSITE AT
      > www.indiacc.org
      > *

      --- End forwarded message ---