      Sent: Friday, November 22, 2013 4:07 PM
      Subject: [EastLondonFamilyHistory] East London Cemetery Chapel, Plaistow, Essex War Memorial Plaques

      I am researching my family history and in my search to try to locate World War 1 war memorials local to Plaistow, Essex I have also found there are stone WW1 memorial plaques which are on the outside of the chapel in East London Cemetery, Plaistow but the names are now illegible due to weather and unfortunately, the names are not recorded anywhere else but the East London Cemetery will restore the memorial plaques once they receive the names which were originally recorded. Apparently, postcards bearing the names of the war dead from the Great War were given out at the time of the unveiling of the plaques. Does anyone know where I could possibly locate the memorial postcard?

      Any advice would be most welcomed.

      Thank you.

      Michelle

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic