336Re: [EastLondonFamilyHistory] mills/messenger

  • Tony Sharpe
    Nov 24, 2014
      have you tried the borough council archives where he worked some of them have info on past employees going way back

      On Monday, 24 November 2014, 16:57, "JULIA MILLS mills.valentine@... [EastLondonFamilyHistory]" <EastLondonFamilyHistory@...> wrote:

      William John Mills born 1870 rotherhithe married rosina messenger 1906?  my grandfather william John Mills  was born 1906  .  they lived in 46 anchor street south bermondsey  1911  two rooms.  he was a painter labourer for borough council.   still not getting anywhere.  could you help me with it?

      Julia Mills

      ----- Forwarded Message -----
      From: JULIA MILLS <mills.valentine@...>
      To: "EastLondonFamilyHistory@..." <EastLondonFamilyHistory@...>
      Sent: Thursday, 13 November 2014, 0:03
      Subject: Re: [EastLondonFamilyHistory] mills/messenger

      i have found rosina messenger familes.. so dont worry .. but violet fox (fuchs) are difficult to find i have done alot of research on geni and got loads  but those ones are difficult.  I will find more informations for william john mills and violet (fuchs) and get back to you. I do know that violet dad came to london from austrian and he died when she was young.  the two youngers went into a children home barabos  (cant spell)  maybe in catford or  lewisham or something like that. her mother looks after the olders children. i know one of her brother is called frank fox who married margaret . they died in worthing without children of old age.

      From: EastLondonFamilyHistory@...
      Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2014 05:24:33 -0800
      Subject: [EastLondonFamilyHistory] mills/messenger

      I wondered if you help me

      my grandparents  William John Mills married Violet Fox (fuchs) married in rothehithe 1938.  seemed to have trouble go further in that area.  but I have researched William mother rosina messenger and found her families way back to 1800. most were william(s) messenger  watermen.  watertaxi in the thames.

      Julia Mills

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic