348Re:: Jones

  • bubblybabs1
    Dec 15, 2014

      Hi Colleen

      I know Richard Thomas Jones is mine born Dec 1844 Stepney son of James Jones and Mary Ann Cambridge married 1838 St Dunstans.

      Richard married 1890 Sarah Jane Eddey mother of his  8 children, first being born 1873 Pilsey Derby.

      Banns were read in 1879 for them but they never married. He was a widower on marriage certificate so he married someone else between 1864 to 1879.

      James Jones on 1841 -1871 census stated born in City of London and one census said St Michaels. His father was Richard Jones, a packer on his marriage. He too was a widower on 1838 marriage still trying to find his first wife.  2 children born Martha 1833 and Joseph 1833 of first marriage.

      Found Martha baptism but not Joseph as I was hoping it would give mothers name.

      Martha was bap 1854 at St Dunstans maybe due to  a marriage forthcoming. I found  a marriage for a Martha Jones to ? Bailey 1854 but need verification it is her.

      James Jones as per census dates was born between 1804-1807. Found baptism at St Micheals Paternoster Royal London 17/8/1806 baptised 18/5/1807 of Richard Jones and Martha also his sister Eliza baptized 8/10/1809 same place.

      Found marriage same place Richard Jones 1805 and Martha Evans

      Found a death James Jones 1874  Mile End Old Town where they were living 1871 census. Maybe him as birth stated 1807 haven't got death certificate..

      So hoping to find James Jones 1st marriage prior to 1838

      Richard Thomas Jones first marriage prior to 1879 banns

      Maybe Joseph Jones baptism to confirm his mothers name.

      And  anything else that will help go back further and told this family was from north wales where they had a cooperage..

      Appreciated and many thanks

      Barbara

    • Show all 23 messages in this topic