362Re:: RE: [EastLondonFamilyHistory] Re:: Jones

  • bubblybabs1
    Dec 20, 2014

      Hi Colleen

      1841 I found was in Southwark St Olaves. Address Snowfields? No 4

      James Jones 35 labourer born in County No.

      Mary Ann .. 30 born in County  Yes

      Jos  .. 8 born in Co. no

      Martha 8 ..... ...   ...  ..

      There was no Ann though. Even on 1851 no Ann.

      I have copy of James Jones birth certificate 18th September 1842 4 o'clock in the afternoon at 8 Globe Road, Stepney . Mother Mary Ann Jones formerly Cambridge father Occ Engineer Residence of informant J Jones father, 8 Globe Road.

      Other son Richard Thomas Jones born 20/12/1844 at 2 Caroline Place, Globe Road Stepney father then a labourer. Bap  St Peters Stepney Jan 26th 1845 occupation on baptism Mariner..

      1854 York Place all baptisms as you said.

      1851 census living at Pearl St, Ecc Dist  St Peters, Mile End Old Town. there is an error in  place of birth for children says Hampshire not correct.

      I wish they wouldn't keep moving around and changing their occupations, would make life easier.

      Barbara

    • Show all 23 messages in this topic