Hi All, new here

  • Sue
    Message 1 of 4 , May 19, 2010
      Hi All, my name is Sue, I live in Norfolk UK, my names interest are Gardner/Gilbert/Denyer/Cornford/Dowling. I have hit abrick wall with Gardner, but will post later as ancestry is down and can't get all the details I have so far. Nice to be here
    • Dahaniuk@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , May 19, 2010

        Hi Sue

        One of my Gilbert family went to live in London, Fanny Gilbert born 1833 Devon.  She married a Stephen Poth and had four children.

        I don't suppose there is any connection but I thought I would mention it just in case.

        Regards
        Jill
      • Sue
        Message 3 of 4 , May 19, 2010
          Hi Jill,
          I don't think so as most of my Gilberts came from Hertfordashire. When I can get on ancestry I will check though. thanks for welcome
          Sue

        • Dahaniuk@aol.com
          Message 4 of 4 , May 19, 2010
            I didn't think there was a connection, but you never know.  My Gilberts were Devon folk through and through except for Fanny who flew the Devon nest for London.

            Good luck with your research.