Re: New member - searching for KIBBLE around the London area

  • Lin
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 13, 2011
      Hi all,

      I'm new to this group and I'm searching for the birth of my paternal g.grandmother, ADA KIBBLE. My grandfather's siblings were born either in Shoreditch, or West Ham. Some of the families - I believe - still reside in that area today but I do not know any of them personally.

      I have a copy of ADA's marriage certificate to HENRY GREEN in 1868 in Shoreditch, but I cannot find her birth anywhere.

      The age on the marriage certificate tells me that she was born around 1847/8 - and the earliest census record I have found is on the 1871 with Henry where she says that she was born in Camberwell (on later census years it changes between that and Shoreditch) - but I cannot find any birth records for an ADA KIBBLE of that age anywhere in London, nor can I find her on any census records before 1871.

      The certificate also states that her father WILLIAM KIBBLE was deceased. I cannot find him on any census records at all... There are others but not with an ADA; and, not having a birth certificate for her, I do not know the name of her mother, which isn't helping.

      Any help here would be much appreciated.

      Thanks,
      Lin.