MORLEY, Henry William and Thomas Hadley

  • anliz@btinternet.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 24, 2013
      Good Afternoon

      My name is Angela and I live near Bath. I am researching my great grandfather Henry MORLEY who was born in Hackney in 1871/1872 but married in Somerset in 1896.

      I have posted a message on your sister site (London and Middlesex) as below and am hoping that someone can give me a lead on this as I am hitting Walls everywhere!!

      "After much searching I should welcome help from anyone regarding my great
      grandfather Henry William MORLEY born in Hackney in 1872 and his brother Thomas
      Hadley MORLEY born in Hackney 1875.

      They were both admitted to the Hackney Union Shoreditch Infirmary in 1879 after
      being found abandoned on the steps of the Dalston relief office.

      Henry left Brentwood Industrial school at 14 to join the Somerset Light
      Infantry, he married at Timsbury, Somerset in 1896 and had three daughters
      ,Florence, Violet and Daisy and signed up for the Royal Southern Reserves in
      1900 after working as a miner for a few years. He was sent to South Africa
      where he was seconded to the South African Constabulary. He died sometime
      before 1908 - but I can find no record of this.

      Thomas' middle name was recorded at the infirmary as "Hadley". But the nearest I
      can find is a Thomas Addersley MORLEY born in Camberwell in 1873. So there could
      well be a phonetic issue in the recording if the name at the infirmary.

      I can find no record of Henry, Thomas or their father James (who died prior to
      1896) and am desperately hoping someone can fill in some of the gaps for me."

      Thanks

      Angela
    • Colleen
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 29, 2013
        Extended discussion about this topic on our sister site - London Middlesex FHS Group; see http://groups.yahoo.com/group/London_Middlesex_Family_History/
        Colleen, Group Moderator for both groups