St Edwards R C Reformatory School, East Ham

  • Michelle Connolly
    Message 1 of 4 , May 16, 2014
      Hi

      Does anyone in the group know where I can find the records of the St Edwards R C Reformatory School in East Ham prior to 1914?

      Mich.
    • bubblybabs1
      Message 2 of 4 , May 17, 2014

        Try W E L C O M E  T O

        good luck

        Barbara

      • bubblybabs1
        Message 3 of 4 , May 17, 2014

          Michelle

          Also try British History Online

          Barbara

        • hlrw130354
          Message 4 of 4 , May 17, 2014

            Hi Michelle

            As East Ham was in Essex till 1965 and is now in Newham the records covering East Ham could be in either archive. I could not find any record of the school in the Online Essex Archive Catalogue. Nothing showed up in either the A2A & LMA catalogues. As the school was superseded by St John's School Walthamstow (which had been an industrial school) the records may have moved there, Waltham Forest archives would now cover that area.

            The Roman Catholic diocese of Brentwood covers Newham & Waltham Forest, so their Archives may hold some information, though it was only formed in 1917. The Bolyen Castle estate was owned by the Roman Catholic diocese of Westminster, so their archives may hold some information.

            David