mills/messenger

  • julia199439
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 12, 2014
      I wondered if you help me

      my grandparents  William John Mills married Violet Fox (fuchs) married in rothehithe 1938.  seemed to have trouble go further in that area.  but I have researched William mother rosina messenger and found her families way back to 1800. most were william(s) messenger  watermen.  watertaxi in the thames.

      Julia Mills

    • Colleen
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 12, 2014
        Hi Julia,
        You'll just need to provide some more information and clarification so that group members can assist.
        You said that William John Mills married Violet Fox (Fuchs) in Rotherhithe 1938. So what further information are you hoping to gain now for this couple?
        William John Mills' mother was Rosina Messenger - and you've fond her families back to 1800; the Messenger men were watermen in the Thames.
        Have you documented this research publicly anywhere? eg an ancestry tree that people can look at?
        What further information are you hoping to get for the Messenger families?
        Try to be specific with requests so that members don't spend hours researching - and then they end up telling you what you already know.
        Regards
        Colleen

        To: EastLondonFamilyHistory@...
        From: EastLondonFamilyHistory@...
        Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2014 05:24:33 -0800
        Subject: [EastLondonFamilyHistory] mills/messenger

        I wondered if you help me

        my grandparents  William John Mills married Violet Fox (fuchs) married in rothehithe 1938.  seemed to have trouble go further in that area.  but I have researched William mother rosina messenger and found her families way back to 1800. most were william(s) messenger  watermen.  watertaxi in the thames.

        Julia Mills

      • JULIA MILLS

          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 24, 2014
            William John Mills born 1870 rotherhithe married rosina messenger 1906?  my grandfather william John Mills  was born 1906  .  they lived in 46 anchor street south bermondsey  1911  two rooms.  he was a painter labourer for borough council.   still not getting anywhere.  could you help me with it?

            From: EastLondonFamilyHistory@...
            Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2014 05:24:33 -0800

            I wondered if you help me

            my grandparents  William John Mills married Violet Fox (fuchs) married in rothehithe 1938.  seemed to have trouble go further in that area.  but I have researched William mother rosina messenger and found her families way back to 1800. most were william(s) messenger  watermen.  watertaxi in the thames.

            Julia Mills

          • Tony Sharpe
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 24, 2014
              have you tried the borough council archives where he worked some of them have info on past employees going way back

              From: EastLondonFamilyHistory@...
              Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2014 05:24:33 -0800