Family Search Pilot Project

  • Barry & Colleen
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2008
      Hi all. Welcome to our newest members.

      Have you looked at the Pilot Project at
      http://pilot.familysearch.org/recordsearch/start.html#p=0

      To get an idea of records that have been added, there's a link just
      above and to the right of the map called 'View all Collections' -
      click on that link.

      A lot of records are indexed, some are not. In the latter case, you
      can view the images. Most seem to be reasonably easy to read. You can
      zoom in, zoom out, switch between normal view and negative, go the
      next, previous image or go to a particular page.

      The upcoming projects give an idea of future records. I see that
      Essex Parish Registers are coming up soon for indexing; see
      https://www.familysearchindexing.org/en/projects/upcoming_projects.jsf
      ?pname=upcomingProjects

      Completed projects
      https://www.familysearchindexing.org/en/projects/completed_projects.js
      f;jsessionid=DB468C5C3FF54881C6D8ABD3F7473599?pname=completedProjects

      Current Projects
      https://www.familysearchindexing.org/en/projects/current_projects.jsf?
      pname=currentProjects

      Let us know if you have any successes with this project and good luck
      with your research.

      And if you want more records to appear a little faster - why not
      volunteer. It's pretty easy and the tutorials and help notes are
      really well done. The Cheshire batches I've been working on are very
      small; anywhere between 5-55 records in a batch. Dip the toe and have
      a go.

      Colleen