Review - Chris Healey review of "Nage Birds" by Greg Forth

  • Robert Gosford
    Message 1 of 1 , 3 Apr 18:41
      Dear all,

      Chris, and the editors of the Journal of Ethnobiology, have kindly
      agreed o make a copy of Chris's review of Greg Forth's book "Nage
      Birds" published in 2004 by Routledge.

      I am currently reading Greg's book and agree with Chris's view that it
      represents a long-overdue approach to ethnoornithology, that is, a
      monograph that focuses on the knowledge of a specific group for its
      own value and not as a comparative analysis of how that knowledge
      'matches'- or does not - contemporary scientific thought.

      I've posted the review on the ERSG net - see under "Files".

      I'll have a report and some abstracts from the recent Society of
      Ethnobiology conference posted in the next few days.

      Cheers and best,

      Robert Gosford
      ERSG moderator