Re: New File Uploaded...

  • g3ovh
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1, 2011
      Hi Mike

      Thanks for a great program - now all we have to do is link the text o/p to signal strength measurement and we have a great wideband spectrum analyser. I understand Howard is going to work on the RSSI non-working o/p when he has time.
      Regarding the numbers above 2147.4 MHz, your code seems to be generating negative frequencies, so its not surprising that the FCD can't lock.
      Is there any chance of you releasing the sources so I can attempt to modify it for the Mac?
      Keep up the good work

      Tony

    • mike.willis@stfc.ac.uk
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 2, 2011
        Hi Tony,

        I have since updated my code to use unsigned 32 bit integers so I am definitely sending the FCD positive frequencies now. However, it does not appear to be working properly and I can't see my error. If I send 4 bytes, whatever they are, in a frequency set command, I would expect to get these same 4 bytes back on a frequency read command, but I don't when the bytes represent > 2147MHz.

        I am not sure RSSI is sensitive or linear enough for an analyser, we will have to wait and see. There is an alternative. If you use Spectravue, set it to somewhere away from the DC spike and limit the bandwidth and then select continuum mode. This will give you a total power in band measurement. If you sweep you have your spectrum analyser. The only problem is the two programs don't talk to each other. I am sure there are other programs out there that will do this using extIO. If not why not write one! I would like to get it going with GNU Radio and I see experts are working on that.

        The source is OK but it is not going to make any sense unless you have C++ builder. Also the HID classes will not transfer well. I was thinking of porting it to QT but time and stupidity prevent my doing it.

        Like wise Howards' code, which is much better written, is specific to MS Visual C++ and also, like mine, uses the MS HID functions.

        Mike

      • mike.willis@stfc.ac.uk
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 2, 2011
          Howard kindly sent me some new test firmware - my FCD gives up at around 2203MHz. This is considerably beyond specification. I doubt it will go high enough for 13cms - which is at the moment, wide open to Scandanavia from here.

          2201000000, 2200999936,Locked
          2202000000, 2201999872,Locked
          2203000000, 2203000064,Locked
          2204000000, 2204000000,Unlocked