Re: ExtIO.dll

  • Leif Asbrink
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 5, 2012
      Hello Mike,

      > It is writtein in Borland BDS2006 and if there is
      > a bug I am not at all surprised as I am not a
      > programmer. The question is where is the bug?
      Well, hard to say without access to the source code;-)

      > Porting to a differnt environment would be difficult
      > but not impossible. The main problem is it is a lot
      > of work if you are not familiar with the new environment.
      I am not familiar to BDS2006 so I have no idea what
      specific functions it might supply and to what extent
      you are using them. It would however be pretty
      straight-forward to run the source code through the latest
      version of the gcc compiler.

      Error checking is improving over time and today the
      gcc compiler will detect a lot of errors that were not
      detected by earlier compilers.

      Maybe there is an option in BDS2006 to enable a debug
      option to do boundary checking. It seems to me that the
      problem could be caused by writes outside allocated memory.

      73

      Leif / SM5BSZ