RE: Scyllarus arctus in Irish waters

  • Douglas Herdson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 20, 2007
      Hi Declan

      You are catching up with us with your penaeid
      shrimps and slipper lobsters.

      I have been collecting records of Scyllarus arctus since
      1999. I have records of twenty seven in British waters from 1758 to
      2006, 24 from Cornwall (all bar one from south coast) and three from
      south Devon. Since 2002 at least half of the females have been "in
      berry". What depth was your specimen, most of mine have been between 30
      and 150 metres?

      I did publish a note in the Porcupine Marine
      Natural History Society Newsletter about three years ago and hope to get
      a paper out on them before too long.

      Regards, Doug

      Douglas Herdson
      National Marine Aquarium
      Plymouth, PL4 0LF, UK
      Telephone: (+44)01752 275216/01752 600301
      Fax: (+44)01752 275217
      Email: Douglas.Herdson@...
      To be part of a world passionate about our Oceans.