Liocarcinus vernalis

  • Andy Horton
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 23, 2008
      Hello,

      My captive Vernal Crab, Liocarcinus vernalis, died on the day of the Vernal
      Equinox after about a year in the aquarium. It was captured as a smaller
      crab on 16 March 2007. It went through two moults during the year. It fed
      mostly on frozen prawn, but also on mussel flesh and probably ate some of
      the Hermit Crabs, Diogenes pugilator.
      1st moult: Carapace length 35 mm, length 38 mm
      2nd moult: Carapace length 44 mm, length 48 mm
      Death size: Carapace length 45 mm, length 55 mm
      http://www.glaucus.org.uk/VernalCrab.html

      Cheers

      Andy Horton.
      glaucus@...
      British Marine Life Study Society (formed 6 June 1990)
      http://www.glaucus.org.uk/

      Marine Wildlife News of the North-east Atlantic Ocean News
      (British Marine Life Study Society)
      http://www.glaucus.org.uk/News2008.htm

      MARINE LIFE NEWS BULLETIN TORPEDO
      http://www.glaucus.org.uk/Torpedo2.htm