Adur World Oceans Day 2009 (Confirmed)

  • Andy Horton
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 5, 2009
      > Hello,
      >
      > Adur World Oceans Day 2009 (Confirmed)
      >
      > All systems Go!
      >
      > Thanks to the organisation of the marquee by David Steadman, we can now
      > proceed with organising the annual event of Adur World Oceans Day 2009.
      > Also thanks to FOSB, Adur Council and WSCC for supporting the event.

      ADUR WORLD OCEANS DAY
      Understanding and celebrating our marine environment

      Adur will be one of the UK leaders in presenting the eleventh environmental
      exhibition of World Oceans Day on Coronation Green, Shoreham-by-Sea. Find
      out what lives in the sea and on the seashore off the Sussex coast, with
      exhibits hosted by local experts and enthusiasts of the undersea world. Live
      lobsters and crabs, a rock pool aquarium, the whale and dolphin exhibition,
      a touch table of strandline exhibits found on the shore and other
      interactive displays will be on display under the marquee on the green
      overlooking the River Adur by the footbridge. For the third year running the
      Friends of Shoreham Beach will be providing their own displays and playing
      an important role in organising the day. Allow at least an hour for an
      educational exhibition for the youngest to the oldest member of the family.
      Exhibitors will be able to find the time to answer questions about marine
      life.
      Admission is free.

      Adur World Oceans Day is run by a committee comprising representatives of
      the British Marine Life Study Society, West Sussex County Council, the Sea
      Watch Foundation, Friends of Shoreham Beach and other groups, with support
      from Adur District Council.

      World Oceans Day was declared at the Earth Summit in 1992.