2159Re: Collective Nouns

  • skintcomposer
    Nov 13, 2007
      Ah. Well, if it's Limericks we're talking about...
      I searched the dregs of my memory to find this one, which I wrote
      shortly after the festival.

      There once was a lad with a gurdy
      Whose friends all thought him quite nerdy
      It wasn't his spots
      Or using of dots,
      But that he played arias from Verdi

      Many apologies,

      Joel Harding

      --- In HurdyGurdyForum@..., Eaton Mike <mike.eaton@...>
      wrote:

      > Very good!
      >
      > Robin, you've inspired me to make up some Limericks ! ...
      >
      > There was a young Lanc I've heard tell,
      >
      > Was particularly fond of the vielle,
      >
      > He cranked more and more
      >
      > Till his hands got so sore
      >
      > That they gave off a burning smell
      >
      > <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-
      com:office:office"
      > />
      >
      > A young man from Southampton, Hants,
      >
      > Who owned two tekerolants,
      >
      > With sweat and with strain
      >
      > And a face that showed pain
      >
      > Managed to buzz by the seat of his pants
      >

      > Mike

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic