5574Busker needed in Bristol.

  • Joel Harding
    Sep 10, 2009
      Hi All, Glaswegian Lurker here.
      I have just been contacted with the following information. They are looking particularly for a Hurdy Gurdy for the morning slot, if anyone is free the saturday morning and fancies some pocket money.

      Thanks,
      Joel

      Doors Open Day at The Lower Arcade
      Travel Back in Time...
      Subsidised Busking Opportunity
      Are you available to perform music from the Victorian era on the 12th September and earn
      some cash?
      Animate the Streets is seeking 2 buskers to take part in Doors Open Day at The Arcade, Broadmead
      on Saturday 12th September 2009. We require you to perform music with or without lyrics from the
      Victorian era. This can be of any style (Music Hall to Classical or anything in between) and played on
      any instrument that would have been around in 1875.
      There is a £50 incentive per busker and the chance to perform in front of hundreds of Doors Open
      Day visitors, shoppers and passers by. You will be required to dress in black and wear an event
      badge. There will be a designated area in which to perform.
      Two slots are available:
      Morning 9.45am - 12.45am
      Afternoon 1pm - 4pm
      The morning slot includes the official opening Doors Open Day at The Arcade by the Lord Mayor at
      10am. The afternoon includes the finale and closing of the event at 4pm. We require you to play for at
      least 3 half hour periods within each slot. The £50 incentive is payable on completion of a slot.
      Doors Open Day at The Arcade
      On Doors Open Day The Arcade, Broadmead will be plunged back in time to 1875, 50 years
      after it was opened. Actors and entertainers in period costume will engage with the public,
      capturing their imagination and creating the bustle of a busy Victorian Arcade. Two of the empty shop
      units will house a mock up of a Victorian room and a display of photographs of The Arcade
      throughout the years. The aim is to create a highly interactive, informative, intriguing and memorable
      experience for the visitors to The Arcade on Doors Open Day. We want to open people’s eyes to the
      beauty of the architecture, the history of The Arcade and the experience they can have there today.
      If you would like to be involved in this exciting project, helping to make history at The Arcade,
      Broadmead, please get in touch. Contact Liz Mitchell, Project Coordinator, Animate the Streets
      (Doors Open Day) on 07949 363350 or
      animatethestreets@....
      Animate the Streets
      Animate the Streets is an initiative that aims to pump vibrancy into the streets of central Bristol. We do
      this by uniting creatives, business, and the community of Bristol in arts and cultural collaborations that
      increase a sense of ownership of the city centre amongst the city’s people.

      --
      RUGG?