      De: Martyn Robinson <martyn.robinson@...>
      Para: "'HurdyGurdyForum@...'" <HurdyGurdyForum@...>
      Enviado: Lunes 29 de octubre de 2012 8:01
      Asunto: [HurdyGurdyForum] Gurdy plaque?

      __Hmm.
      I have a hygiene question here. A few people have been commenting on the build-up of what they – and now I – call gurdy plaque. This is the powdering of rosin, tiny pieces of cotton wool, and lint that all seems to get glued firmly onto the surface of the varnish around the vicinity of the wheel. It doesn’t affect the sound but it IS noticeable and if you try to wipe it away it seems to either smear, or include bits of what you tried to wipe it with into its matrix.
      Any tips on safe removal of gurdy plaque? Is it a simple job or will it involve de-stringing and a through wipe-down with some sort of ‘wheel & varnish safe’ solvent?
      Alexander the Great: 2000 years of treasures
      Exhibition 24 November 2012 – 28 April 2013

      The Australian Museum.
      The views in this email are those of the user and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Australian Museum. The information contained in this email message and any accompanying files is or may be confidential and is for the intended recipient only. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, dissemination, reliance, forwarding, printing or copying of this email or any attached files is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it and notify the sender. The Australian Museum does not guarantee the accuracy of any information contained in this e-mail or attached files. As Internet communications are not secure, the Australian Museum does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message or attached files.