9559new drone problem

  • Clare Rose
    May 29, 2014
      Hi All
      I recently changed my petit bourdon - the old one had got damaged and was sounding scratchy - and it is still acting up after a couple of days. What concerns me is that when I tune it up it hangs on at C# for several twists of the peg (machined) and then suddenly jumps up to D or D+, often with a creak or cracking noise. Then after playing for a bit it often gets sharper - again, turning the peg to correct it has little effect.
      This is the first time I've changed a drone though I've lots of experience changing other strings so I'm wondering if I've somehow wound it on wrongly. It's silver on a gut core, Savarez BFA532
      Advice welcome!
      Clare
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic