9775Re:: RE: [HurdyGurdyForum] What tuning for E minor?

  • Andy Carter
    Nov 16, 2015

      Hi Dave

      My gurdy is setup with trompette in D unison with lower chanterelle, then G drone below that, D drone below that, G drone below that.

      I think I play with any or all of those on. I know D doesn't conventionally go with E-ish but it does give an interesting sound. I play what sounds good to me :-)

      If you want to pursue a historically authentic sound I'm not the best person to ask, but I would say play about with tunings, get some odd sounds, get some good sounds, see what works for you and what doesn't. Take advice from purists and take advice from experimentalists. Stretch the instrument and stretch yourself :-D

      I don't suppose that actually helps very much,  sorry!

      Cheers
      Andy

      Sent from my Xperia M4 Aqua. On O2.

      ---- davesawdon@... [HurdyGurdyForum] wrote ----

      Thanks, Andy.

      What drone tuning do you use for E minor?

      Dave

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic