9802Fw: hurdy gurdy gigs

  • SKL Marshall
    Mar 20, 2016

      ----- Forwarded Message -----
      From: Steve Tyler <sj.tyler@...>
      To: steve tyler <sj.tyler@...>
      Sent: Saturday, 19 March 2016, 23:40
      Subject: hurdy gurdy gigs

      Steve Tyler and Katy Marchant
      gigs March – May 2016

      We have played on a couple of tracks on Jim Causley's excellent new CD Forgotten Kingdom (http://www.jimcausley.co.uk/).

      We have also recorded for Hattie Webb's new CD and recorded hurdy gurdy for a King Arthur film.

      Steve will be playing again for the children's puppet show The Tin Forest later in the year, beginning with five days (6 – 10 July) at The Little Angel puppet theatre in Islington; last time we did 126 shows apparently so expect many more dates. For details of the show or to book for schools, village halls etc. see http://www.puppetcraft.co.uk/?page_id=236

      We will be playing (and giving a hurdy gurdy workshop) at Medieval Music in the Dales at Bolton Castle, Yorkshire on 2nd - 4th September. This will include various medieval music and dance workshops, performances and more, so an event not to be missed. To book advance reduced price tickets (only available for a limited period) go to http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/medieval-music-in-the-dales

      MARCH
      Monday 28th – Saturday 2nd April
                                Steve Tyler hurdy gurdy workshops at Osterbordunale, Blankenheim, Eifel, Germany
                                http://bordun.de/kurse/osterbordunale

      APRIL
      Sunday 3rd        (planning to play a spot at the Neue Tanzveranstaltung "Petit Bal", Pauke, Bonn, Germany - http://www.pauke-life.de/)

      Saturday 9th – Sunday 10th    Steve Tyler hurdy gurdy workshops, Altona, Hamburg, Germany (details tbc – email me if interested)

      Saturday 9th       8pm Concert at Industriemuseum Elmshorn, Hamburg, Germany

      Sunday 10th        2pm + Concert in Cafe Altamira, Hamburg, Germany.
                                   http://www.cafealtamira.de/

      Monday 11th       playing for a bal at Honigfabrik, Industriestraße 125-127, 21107 Hamburg, Germany
                                  8pm.   http://www.honigfabrik.de/

      Saturday 16th      playing for a bal as part of Oxford Folk Weekend, St. Columba's Church, Alfred Street, Oxford; evening.
                                   http://www.folkweekendoxford.co.uk/

      Friday 22nd          House concert near Kingsbridge, South Devon. 8.30pm
                                   Details Mark Arnold:  wheelwrightmark@...   07730 921 192

      Saturday 30th      Dumnonni Chronicles event, Devon. http://www.dumnonni.com/
                                   (not really public but it is possible to join this group)

      MAY
      Saturday 14th      playing for a bal with melodeon player Julian Sutton at Newcastle Upon Tyne.
                                   St Nicholas Church Hall, South Gosforth,  Theo.gibb@...  0191 4888832

      Saturday 28th – Monday 30th   Richmond Castle, Yorkshire. Daytime medieval event for English Heritage.

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic