Skewball

  • Martyn Robinson
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2010

      Hello all!,

      Because it is Melbourne Cup day today in Australia does anyone have the words, music and chords to the traditional song ‘Bold Skewball’?

      Although I can’t read music I can play the tune by ear, play the chords on other instruments, sing along and give the music to other people who CAN read music and potentially provide entertainment for this Melbourne Cup or future ones.

      Thanks in advance.

      This e-mail message has been scanned for Viruses and Content and cleared by MailMarshal

      The Australian Museum.

      The views in this email are those of the user and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Australian Museum. The information contained in this email message and any accompanying files is or may be confidential and is for the intended recipient only. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, dissemination, reliance, forwarding, printing or copying of this email or any attached files is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it and notify the sender. The Australian Museum does not guarantee the accuracy of any information contained in this e-mail or attached files. As Internet communications are not secure, the Australian Museum does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message or attached files.

    • CWH
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 1, 2010

        Don't forget to look under the usual name of Stewball as well.

        I wrote a song to this tune back in the 60's when Foinavon won the grand national :-)  (100-1 outsider)

        "the fence after Beecher's, he saw them all fall,
        Along came Foinavon, and shot past them all"

        Colin Hill

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 1, 2010

          Excellent – I hope your horse wins for this one too – I don’t know which one is 100/1 today tho’