Frontier Blood on the plains

  • klowthian
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 6, 2005
      Hello Guys,

      Got my copy of the above today and have had a quick read. I must say
      I am impressed they have kept the same mechanism with posses of 12-16
      figures but given options for larger actions without over
      complicating or simplifying the rules.

      The format is very good as I think we can now expect from this
      series. The army lists are good with 3 variations on the US army, 3
      variations on Indians e.g. Plains, Northern Plains and Desert indians.

      There is the customary legends and Hired guns with Indian fighting
      flavour and some new skills, weapons and equipment.

      I wont go into the detail but Indians are handled very well with
      talismans/totems and warrior societies etc

      Scenarios are great too.

      To cap it all The artizan Custer is a beautiful sculpt.

      All in all a 10/10 from me

      Regards

      Karl
    • Havener, Mark
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 6, 2005
        Where you at Karl? In the US?

        -Mark
        (trying to figure out if my copy will be in the store this week or not... ;))

        Got my copy of the above today and have had a quick read. I must say
        I am impressed they have kept the same mechanism with posses of 12-16
        figures but given options for larger actions without over
        complicating or simplifying the rules.

        The format is very good as I think we can now expect from this
        series. The army lists are good with 3 variations on the US army, 3
        variations on Indians e.g. Plains, Northern Plains and Desert indians.

        There is the customary legends and Hired guns with Indian fighting
        flavour and some new skills, weapons and equipment.

        I wont go into the detail but Indians are handled very well with
        talismans/totems and warrior societies etc

        Scenarios are great too.

        To cap it all The artizan Custer is a beautiful sculpt.

        All in all a 10/10 from me

        Regards

        Karl

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • bryan glasspool
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 7, 2005
          Got mine to, very nicely put together.
        • klowthian
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 7, 2005
            Sorry Mark in the UK

            South East England

            --- In LOTOldWest@..., "Havener, Mark"
            <mark.havener@c...> wrote:
            > Where you at Karl? In the US?
            >
            > -Mark
            > (trying to figure out if my copy will be in the store this week or
            not... ;))

          • Michael DAuben
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 8, 2005
              Does anyone know if any of the US on-line retailers are offering any
              specials on BOTP? When I bought the original LOTOW book through Old
              Glory they threw in a limited edition set of figures to go with it, but
              they don't even have the new book listed on their website. :-(

              Just wondering where my best bet is to order it.

              Thanks!

              Mike
            • Havener, Mark
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 8, 2005
                Foundry has a set of limited edition Buffalo Soldiers that they package with your book if you order from them.

                Brigade games offered a free Ltd Edition Custer figure with a pre-order. No idea if that is still available.

                You can get the book at a discount from some retailers. I believe the following site has them at 20% off: http://www.frpgames.com/ And I think they are a US retailer (prices are in US$ anyway).

                Hope that helps. If anyone knows of any other specials, I'd love to hear about them too...

                -Mark H.

                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 8, 2005
                  --- In LOTOldWest@..., "Havener, Mark"
                  <mark.havener@c...> wrote:

                  > You can get the book at a discount from some retailers. I believe
                  the following site has them at 20% off: http://www.frpgames.com/ And
                  I think they are a US retailer (prices are in US$ anyway).

                  Thanks for the info, Mark. I'm going to be ordering the new book
                  though these guys. :-)

                  Mike