Comanche 'acrobat' - reduced price North Star

  • Steve
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2009
      I ordered a Conquest 'Comanche acrobat' sight unseen from North Star Figures, reduced from £3 to £2... I thought this would be some sort of ritual dancer, turns out to be a kewl horse archer clinging onto the side of his mount via his knees...
      Not a bad deal now & looks like they've still got stock. Might tide you over til Conquest rerelease their mounted Comanches one fine day?
    • cooper12a
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2009
        Actually on closer examination he needs a bit of work. The horse is rather pancaked & has no reins (was this a Comanche trick rider skill?) & the rider's legs could do with a bit of fleshing out... The rider's pose is classic loosing an arrow, except that the horse head is in the way... however you can bend the free arm into a more serviceable pose

        I suspect eventually he will look rather nice
      • Steve
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 2, 2009
          Just padding out his legs a bit is already working wonders. I think i'll turn another COPPLESTONE Amazon archer into his dismounted version.