1082Transition Kentish Town Newsletter

  • linda galvin
    4 Sep

      View this email in your browser

      September 2017 Newsletter

      Calling all hop growers, we are going to be brewing our very own beer again this year at the microbrewery in the crypt at St Mary’s Church Primrose Hill. Yes, you read it right …land of hops and glory…and all that. Delivery day Saturday 9/9. Deliver all hops to St Mary's Church NW1, or to the CAA picnic where there will be a collection point. Our green hop beer will take place Sun 10/9.
      If you would like to buy a hop and help grow our beer next year, get in touch. The beer will be launched at a party in October. Contact: steve@...

      Need a bit of positivity in your life? ‘Demain' We will be broadcasting different sections of this inspiring film in several different locations our hood in the next few months. Interested? Get in touch: pje.climateaction@....

      Platform 1 cottage garden: Looks gorgeous. Go help yourself to beans etc. Interested in helping maintain the site ?  Get in touch: stephenpevans@...

      Meat production is one of the greatest emitters of greenhouse gases leading to what George Monbiot is now rightly calling climate breakdown - as disastrously much witnessed globally this week. Here in KT, we want to encourage you all to eat less meat. As recommended by George, a local 16 year old in the area, please watch the documentary 'Cowspiracy'
      We also have a new decadent veg restaurant opening up in the area in Fortess Road this week. Called  'Ceremony' it has a fab working kitchen garden in the back which has been designed by our very own Transitioners - Stephen n Debs from ofbutterfliesandbees.

      Events:

      4/9 and
      2/10
      Kentish Town Bike Workshop, run in collaboration between TKT and Camden Cyclists. A free monthly drop-in bike maintenance workshop run in collaboration between Camden Cyclists and Transition Kentish Town. On the first Monday of the month, except when it falls on a bank holiday, in which case it is the following week. Our mechanics will support you to fix your bike. Tea and cake while you wait!
      6.30pm to 8.30pm Kentish Town Health Centre, 2 Bartholomew Road, NW5 2AJ

      9/9Hop delivery day.Deliver all hops to St Mary's Church NW1, or to the CAA picnic where there will be a collection point.

      9/9Camden Air Action / Blue Skies Picnic on Parliament Hill, 2-5pm. Join us to stretch out summer and share dreams & bright ideas for cleaning up the air in our back-to-school lives in Camden.

      We’ll be spreading our picnic blankets alongside the Stone of Free speech on the grassy east facing slopes of Parliament Hill. (If you’re coming from Highgate Road, head up the hill on the paved path that runs up behind the Café, and you’ll find us on the right. If you are coming from the south, just keep going over the shoulder of the hill beyond the bandstand.)

      Everyone welcome at this family friendly information sharing social event. Bring a picnic blanket and food and drink to share. Maybe skipping ropes and frizbees to entertain the kids? Get the latest updates on local and London wide action to end air pollution - especially to improve conditions around our local schools. Share stories of summer travels and local events. Catch up with friends and make new contacts for cleaning up the air we breathe.

      Bring friends & family, or just yourself, to indulge in some Blue Skies Thinking on ways we can work together to co-create clean air communities in Camden.

      10/9York Rise Street Party. Come join in the fun. Find out all our autumn plans for pollution busting at our CAA stall. Our Transition stall will have preserves for sale, and lots of exciting ideas. Join the inspiring talks on greening up our hood, curated by Dan Carrier of the CNJ.

      11/9Anti Idling AfternoonMonday 11 September 1.30 at Primrose Hill Community Library NW1 8YN
      Training in how to challenge ( politely) motorists with their engines running. Then we fan out around the area with high vis vests and clip boards. Weather permitting we shall have a giant Air Pollution Snakes and Ladders game to play outside. Finish by 4pm.
      Please email transitionprimrosehill@... to reserve a place on the training.

      13/9 Come and see the prize-winning documentary, "The Economics of Happiness" on Wednesday 13th September, 7pm at Hilldrop Community Centre, Hilldrop Road, N7 0JE. The film lasts 68 minutes. There will be a 30-minute discussion straight afterwards for anyone wishing to explore ways forward for our local area. It's FREE but you can register here, and find out more: Bit.ly/Eco-H (You don't need to register to come.) You can watch the trailer here: http://bit.ly/Eco-H-trailer

      23/9 and 29/9 Apple…tising. Yes, it’s apple and pear season again, and what good season it’s gonna be! We will have our cast iron press out juicing away at various venues:
      23/9 Queens Crescent market 11:30-1pm.
      29/9 Kentish Town High Street outside the Coop 2pm-3:30pm.
      If you would like a juicing event at your local school, please do get in touch. Our Abundance team are also out picking, if you would like to join in, get in touch. We also need your windfall apples and pears. Please do look out at the streets around you for trees with unpicked fruit. Contact: debbiebourne21@....

      30/9 Bootiful bulbs. Yep, it’s bulb planting time again. Come and  help us plant a spectacular display of spring bulbs at our Listening Space garden in the Caversham Group Practice, Peckwater St, and at our cottage garden of Platform 1 KT overground station. 11am-2pm. Come and learn all about spring bulbs, and how to plant ‘em.
      .
      Copyright © 2017 Transition Kentish Town, All rights reserved.

      Our mailing address is:
      Transition Kentish Town
      3a Mansfield Road
      London, England NW3 2JD
      United Kingdom

      Add us to your address book

      This email was sent to ljg1966@...
      Transition Kentish Town · 3a Mansfield Road · London, England NW3 2JD · United Kingdom

      Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp