Hackney Carnival:Sunday 10 September 2017
- The Hackney Carnival returns on Sunday 10 September from 12 noon - 8pm.
Route and timesJoin us as the procession dances its way along Queensbridge Road, Richmond Road, Mare Street, Amhurst Road and Dalston Lane between 1.30-5pm.
As well as the procession, there's:
- route and times [pdf, 497.0Kb]
- list of closures and traffic restrictions, alterations and parking restrictions [pdf, 216.47Kb]
- a pop-up play area and hula-hoop workshops in Gillett Square from 12 noon-6pm
- the Hackney Playbus and other entertainment in Hackney Town Hall Square from 12 noon-3pm
- Carnival judging in the Town Hall Square from 3-5pm
- sound systems and food stalls in Ridley Road from 12-8pm
- live music in Gillett Square from 12-8pm
Carnival workshopsYou can also drop-in on one of our arts workshops and make some colourful decorations for the route:
- workshops for families in Dalston Square on Saturdays until 5 August, 1-4pm
- workshops for older residents at St Joseph's Hospice every Thursday morning from 10am-12 noon (call 020 85756058 to book your place)